Observations at the gym

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
yanivmeyer
Cash on hand: Locked

Observations at the gym

Post by yanivmeyer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:49 am

I have a Ticwatch 2 that I purchased during the Kickstarter campaign. So far it has been great however I have recently become very active at the gym and have noticed some issues.

1.) Does not sync with Google Fit correctly. My activities at the gym are not synchronised with Google Fit
2.) A huge difference between distance reported by the Ticwatch during indoor run on a treadmill. Treadmill reported 5km and Ticwatch reported under 2km
3.) During boxing training, the Ticwatch repeatedly stopped tracking my workout.

Hoping these issues get addressed. The device has huge potential but so far I am disappointed with the poor fitness tracking and lack of new apps.

no avatar
Anstds

Re: Observations at the gym

Post by Anstds » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:22 pm

+1000 , I've the same issues :(

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 am

You need to enable authorization to Google fit. Open fitness on ticwear companion app, choose Google fit, authorize the same.Your excerise results will be synced automatically to Google fit.

Whether your GPS is locked before you doing activitied on Treadmill? If not locked, the distance may be inaccurate.

When the new version fitness app is pushed, the accuracy may be improved.

no avatar
yanivmeyer

Post by yanivmeyer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I have authorised the app for Google Fit already so that is not the problem. How does GPS help on a treadmill. I am stationary and in doors on a treadmill!

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:57 am

Have you updated to the latest 4.6.0_intl? It seems to work well for stepping running on 4.6.0_intl.

no avatar
yanivmeyer

Post by yanivmeyer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Yes, I have the latest update. Has not seemed to improve the situation.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:15 am

We've been aware of this issue, and our team is working to improve the same. You can expect the improvement in the latest fitness app,which will be coming in a few weeks.

no avatar
dandanliu88

Post by dandanliu88 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:16 pm

My google fit stopped sync with Ticwatch. It worded before until I changed a new phone, and upgraded to the 4.6.0_intl. The Strava doesn't sync either.

no avatar
hport

Post by hport » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Just got my watch a few weeks ago and encountering the same issues as posted here. Ran 3 miles on the treadmill and the watch logged 1.5 miles. I have also noticed major issues with the GPS not tracking accurately. I have been on 2 different bike rides and it wasn't even close on distance. My last ride was a 6 mile ride and it logged 0.03 miles. Before the ride i waited nearly 5 minutes for the watch to connect to GPS. It was in an open rural area so there was no interference from buildings. It appears the last reply to this string was back in March. Since I got my watch in July I assume the issues haven't be fixed. So far I have found the watch to be useless from a fitness tracking perspective. Otherwise its been great for other day to day uses. Hope this can be sorted out at some point because its also making me wonder whether the pedometer and HR monitor are accurate as well.

Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks!

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:35 am

@hport , can you please provide the information of your watch firmware version, Ticwear Global version, phone model and version? Which third party app you compare with? Is it possible for you to provide the GPS screenshots?