Battery Life

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
ThewebguyFL
Cash on hand: Locked

Battery Life

Post by ThewebguyFL » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:06 pm

has anyone else noticed the battery life decreasing on the watch. When i first got it lasted over a day. The past 2 days it barely lasts a day

no avatar
tpanda

Re: Battery Life

Post by tpanda » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:32 pm

It's dependent on what I'm doing, running (gps+heart-rate) for 60min takes 20% of the battery... Any interaction you have with it might burn more.
Are you sure your usage didn't change?
Cheers

no avatar
iSasFTW

Post by iSasFTW » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:56 pm

For me the battery life lasts just as long as when I got it, which is like a whole day.

no avatar
ThewebguyFL

Post by ThewebguyFL » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:04 pm

normal use like I always have been using

no avatar
Alzio1

Post by Alzio1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Yes, full charge this morning 8 hours later 14%. Ambient mode and tilt to wake off. I was using my phone for map navigation for 2 hours. The weather app on the watch takes it's data from the phones location? Surely this couldn't be responsible for the large battery drainage?
Last week I would get get a full day and night from the battery before having to charge.

no avatar
thomasdavis79

Post by thomasdavis79 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Yes, battery life is bad. Upon receiving my watch, I charged it (mostly charged already), connected it to my phone, went through the tutorial, checked to see if there were updates (on wifi very breifly), and it was drained to about 20%. Crazy ridiculous.

So, if you don't interact with it and use it as a show piece, it lasts for a day. Use it for any of its features, and you will need to charge it midday...maybe twice...

A little disappointed.

no avatar
iSasFTW

Post by iSasFTW » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:40 pm

thomasdavis79 wrote:Yes, battery life is bad. Upon receiving my watch, I charged it (mostly charged already), connected it to my phone, went through the tutorial, checked to see if there were updates (on wifi very breifly), and it was drained to about 20%. Crazy ridiculous.

So, if you don't interact with it and use it as a show piece, it lasts for a day. Use it for any of its features, and you will need to charge it midday...maybe twice...

A little disappointed.

Really? I wear it all day, always on BT, I'm looking at my notifications, using timers, occasionally heart rate, and it lasts a full day.

no avatar
Snake

Post by Snake » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:43 am

Same here use mine all day with ambient on and can go to bed at 11pm with 25% left.

no avatar
wingsta

Post by wingsta » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm currently having the same issue. The watch lasted me almost 2 full days of moderate use with screen turned to off when not in use, no gps usage, screen brightness to 1 and suddenly as of 3 days ago suddenly it barely lasts 5 hours for some reason with no changes in usage. I'm trying to figure out if it is a hardware malfunction or something that is more fixable through software.

no avatar
wingsta

Post by wingsta » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:38 am

The update today seems to have resolved the issue for now.