Thinking about purchasing - what apps are available?

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
ssnyder
Cash on hand: Locked

Thinking about purchasing - what apps are available?

Post by ssnyder » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:02 am

I used to have an original Moto 360....and am looking for a new smart watch. I've been underwhelmed with the watches currently available that are Android Wear- few are small enough for my taste. I'm not interested in one of those very large, masculine looking watches (even if you change the watch face some of these watches don't look feminine) - while I don't want/expect a small/dainty watch....something that is not massive would be appreciated. :)

The Ticwatch 2 Active (in either color) look seem pretty reasonable to me....but my concern is what apps are available to me?

I used to use the following features on my old watch:
  • view notifications (including text messages)
    reply/send text messages using voice
    delete/archive emails that I didn't need to read (typically spam) more than the couple of lines in the notification
    step counter - with GPS to track actual distance too
    spinning or bicycle activity tracking
    golf - track my score and info on the hole I was playing (Hole 19 was the app I mainly used)
I wanted to be able to:
  • show a bar code on my watch for airline boarding passes
    use my watch to pay for something (using android pay)
    take a phone call (in a pinch)
Which of these can this watch do?

If a golf app is supported - does anyone know if it will survive a full 18 hole round - or will the battery die mid-round?

Thanks in advance!
Sharon

no avatar
bitflung

Re: Thinking about purchasing - what apps are available?

Post by bitflung » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:33 pm

from your post:

I used to use the following features on my old watch:
view notifications (including text messages)
-> yes

reply/send text messages using voice
-> yes

delete/archive emails that I didn't need to read (typically spam) more than the couple of lines in the notification
-> no (to my knowledge)

step counter - with GPS to track actual distance too
-> yes

spinning or bicycle activity tracking
-> yes

golf - track my score and info on the hole I was playing (Hole 19 was the app I mainly used)
-> should ask someone to test that app (some android wear apps work, some dont)

I wanted to be able to:
show a bar code on my watch for airline boarding passes
-> maybe (can generally send an image from phone to watch and use that, but official airline apps aren't working for me)

use my watch to pay for something (using android pay)
-> no (no NFC on this watch)

take a phone call (in a pinch)
-> yes (acts as a bluetooth headset to your regular phone; cannot make calls without your phone nearby)

Which of these can this watch do?
If a golf app is supported - does anyone know if it will survive a full 18 hole round - or will the battery die mid-round?
-> if a gold app is supported i would expect it to easily last a full 18 holes. i get nearly 48 hours of lite use and 24+ hours of moderate use out of mine.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Ticwatch!

Ticwatch 2 has the functions of recording movement track, speed, step counting, caloire tracking and weather report after starting GPS. It also can make phonecall, receive notifications, music control, heartbeat monitor .

If you are a Android user, you can use the watch to reply text message by voice.

In the fitness app, you can choose sports style: outdoor run,outdoor walk, indoor run, cycling and free style.

Currently, golf - tracking and payment are not supported yet as there are few demands at present.

However our team is keeping gathering customer suggetions and finding more apps for ticwatch. Once they are availabe, we'll keep you posted.

BTW, you can also contact us at support@mobvoi.com.

no avatar
ssnyder

Post by ssnyder » Fri May 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks so much for the replies .... with the latest update has anything changed?

Also, one last question, does the watch support Google Fit for storing the steps, etc.?

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Mon May 08, 2017 8:36 am

Every update will have bugs fixed and new features added.
Fitness data can be synced to Google fit for Android users.