We Vietnamese really need a way to change the ROM from Chinese to Global

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
DangNemo
Cash on hand: Locked

We Vietnamese really need a way to change the ROM from Chinese to Global

Post by DangNemo » Sun May 21, 2017 7:26 am

To Whom It May Concern,
That Ticwatches are more and more populated is true, the whole world outside of China are impressed by the functionalities and the affordable price of Ticwatch, especially Ticwatch 2 active series, included me and a large community in Vietnam. However, it is a shame that we do not have any way to buy a Global version, in fact, you did neither officially sell smartwatches nor have a fanpage in Vietnam and Amazon, where sell Global version of which, has no available shipment method to our country. The only product that sold in Vietnam and had 95% Ticwatches' users is the Chinese main land version - which caused many problems to us, such as the un-workable Ok Tico (which does not support English) and an interface full of Chinese. Although we are a country next to your mainland Chinese, unfortunately , 97% citizens of Vietnam do not know anything about Chinese, but more than three fourth are able to read and understand English. Therefore, in my opinion or even in every users here opinions, Mobvoi should have released the switching ROM method, while the hardware of Global and Chinese has no difference.
We are waiting for you, or even just make us able to use GG services and OK tico (english) is enough.

no avatar
anhlamrdj

Re: We Vietnamese really need a way to change the ROM from Chinese to Global

Post by anhlamrdj » Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 am

lol you should know that ticwatch 2 active has 2 version . they are global and chinese version. and the global version of ticwatch 2 ACTIVE is more expensive than ticwatch 2 ACTIVE chinese version. if you want a global version, the only way is buy one. not a global rom for chinese ver sion lol

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Tue May 23, 2017 10:22 am

hi DangNemo, we really appreciate you support andlove Ticwatch and feel sorry about the current situation.However, Chinese version couldn't be switched to international version. The shipment is made by our logistic agents, your country is not in their delivery range currently. But we have been trying to expand our business scope, Vietnamese is also in our timeline, once we can ship to Vietnamese, we'll keep you posted. You can keep an eye on our facebook page for latest news.thanks

no avatar
DangNemo

Post by DangNemo » Wed May 31, 2017 5:45 am

Hi anhlamrdj, if you had read carefully, I have mentioned that there is no way to buy such a global version in Vietnam.

no avatar
DangNemo

Post by DangNemo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Eventually I decided to use a "buy-it-for-me'' service in VietNam, my watch will be arrived soon.
I want to make sure, can I use android wear app such as Google Maps or Messenger?

no avatar
JimStilwell

Post by JimStilwell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:41 pm

Greetings Dang!
The watch does not support Google maps or messenger on the watch directly. It is not Android Wear compatible.