Add Your Own Custom Notification/Ringtone

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
ChristopherTseng
Cash on hand: Locked

Add Your Own Custom Notification/Ringtone

Post by ChristopherTseng » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:19 am

as requested on Facebook, this is the method i used to load mp3 files to ticwatch and use them as ringtone/notification tones.

Please only attempt the fix if you are comfortable with messing with system files on the watch directly. This worked for me, but may not work for everyone.

iSasFTW did a wonderful guide on ADB connection via wifi Here. Follow the steps 1 to 9 to gain wifi ADB connection to your phone.
Step 6 can be omitted, since "adb connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7272" command will start the server if none running. Ticwatch2 uses port 7272 for adb connection, so do remember to add in ":7272" behind your ip address.

To find out you IP Address, go to "Settings" > "Network" >"Wi-Fi">"Advanced settings"

eg. if your IP address is 192.168.1.100,

Code: Select all

adb connect 192.168.1.100:7272

Once connected, copy the ringtone of your choose to your current folder inCommand Prompt. If your followed iSasFTW's guide, it will be at "cd C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools"

next, enter the follow command to copy the mp3 file to your ticwatch:

adb push ******.mp3 /sdcard/Ringtones

eg. if your mp3 file is "ring.mp3", the command will be:

adb push ring.mp3 /sdcard/Ringtones

next, reboot your watch, and you should see the custom ringtone listed under "Settings" > "Sound&Vib" >"Ringtone"
Last edited by ChristopherTseng on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
ChristopherTseng

Re: Add Your Own Custom Notification/Ringtone

Post by ChristopherTseng » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:55 am

For those who do not have android SDK installed, you can download the adb.zip file in the link below and extract the adb folder anywhere in your computer, then simply change the path to where you have extracted the folder to.

https://app.box.com/s/3fq2qteboel6orocl5k4wl45thciqqth

no avatar
primod808

Post by primod808 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:32 pm

i have a question if everything is downloaded to "ringtones" how do we select a sound for call ringtones and actual notifications? there's no separate folders for ringtone and notifications?

no avatar
primod808

Post by primod808 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:54 am

so I pushed a few ringtones to my watch which worked perfectly but I see no way to change to incoming notification sound. all the my mp3's are stored in the "ringtones" folder on the watch. do you know how we can change the incoming notification sound effect?

no avatar
primod808

Post by primod808 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:59 pm

I did this before but now I cant push any mp3 file command prompt is telling me cannot stat and no such file or directory.

no avatar
hansvanthag

Post by hansvanthag » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:32 pm

If you install wear file transfer you can just open explorer on windows using the ftp address and drwg/drop files into the watch

no avatar
primod808

Post by primod808 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:04 am

hansvanthag wrote:If you install wear file transfer you can just open explorer on windows using the ftp address and drwg/drop files into the watch
Thanks for the reply I'll give it a try.

no avatar
primod808

Post by primod808 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 am

primod808 wrote:
hansvanthag wrote:If you install wear file transfer you can just open explorer on windows using the ftp address and drwg/drop files into the watch
Thanks for the reply I'll give it a try.
UPDATE: GOT MY MP3 SOUNDS ON THE WATCH. THANKS AGAIN FOR THPE ADVISE ON THAT WEAR APP!

Wondering if anyone tried to adb install google services apk to the watch??

no avatar
jlynton

Post by jlynton » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:28 pm

I followed the instructions in the first post to the letter, but it failed with the following (The watch did not ask me to authorise the connection):

~/Desktop $ adb push alarm-clock.mp3 /sdcard/Ringtones
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.
Any ideas?

no avatar
DavidHr

Post by DavidHr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am