Google Integration

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
CrucialTech
Cash on hand: Locked

Google Integration

Post by CrucialTech » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Over all I am enjoying the watch. One thing that surprised me was the lack of integration to Google. Tico is great but it can't compete against Google voice commands. Wouldn't it make more sense to integrate with that instead of recreating the wheel... and an inferior one at that? I've played with it and some things work as they would if I had just spoke the command into my phone (it set alarm for 7 AM tomorrow) where as others simply do not work (ie Note to self).

Obviously I'm not a developer and don't see the big picture but I am puzzled as to why it wouldn't just send the voice command to my phone and then integrate accordingly. Is this a possibility?

no avatar
dennisding
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Google Integration

Post by dennisding » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi, there

The voice function do connect to your phone and google services. However, the functionality and voice recognition is still envolving itself by recieving more data from the end users. And more functionalities are still under developing. Your can suggest your desired functions on the suggestion panel. Our engineers will check that on the daily basis. We love to hear from you about how we can make things better.

Thank you so much for supporting us on kickstarter.