mmrulez
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Battery Life

Post by mmrulez » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:36 am

Here is my thought on another mode.

1. Active
2. Ambient mode
3. Off or a simple clock with time such as "power saving mode"

My thought is with a quick shake motion, Tickle, or a tap from a blank screen the ambient mode would turn on, or the Active mode then returning to Ambient mode then after 2-5 min the screen would turn off again. This would save the battery by not being ALWAYS ON, even in ambient mode the screen is still on and draining the Batt.

My first 3 days with tic. i have KILL my battery twice a day. I have turned off wifi, just about all options, but then turned on gesture tilt to light, and wrist control, i really like having. I don't feel that i have been using it excessively.

Maybe someone has a tip or trick that i have missed would love to hear them.

So far my wife and i love our dual package snow her, Oak Mine.
:mrgreen:

I created a new topic under "Suggestion" if you want to follow this, viewtopic.php?f=5&p=2813#p2813

no avatar
Jlambrey

Post by Jlambrey » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:34 am

How is your battery life now? I'm having bad battery life on my new watch, even with all consuming options turned off.
I'm wondering if you have found a fix.

Thanks!

no avatar
Anstds

Post by Anstds » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Mine works fine... I end the day with like 40% - 30%, I don't use ambient mode or the tilt to light up option, I've turned some apps notifications like Whatsapp because I've recieve to many messages that it's not even necessary, I use the fitness app at least 1 hour everyday so for me the battery life it's correct for my usage

Have a nice day!

no avatar
ricky90

Post by ricky90 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:18 pm

i get mine last for 40hours yesterday.

no avatar
pchatur

Post by pchatur » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:18 am

I am having a pretty bad battery life too. 30% lost in only an hour. I have sent support file to support@mobvoi.com. Let me wait and see what the support team reverts with.

Hope they tell me some tricks that I can share with you guys.

no avatar
Eobanion

Post by Eobanion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 pm

I’m in the same boat. Battery only lasts about 6-8 hours with battery saving maneuvers in place...

no avatar
Raviable

Post by Raviable » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:10 am

Let me clear this up, the Ticwatch 2 has 300mAh of battery life. So in all honesty I think it's supposed to have those types of disadvantages, I would usually have the screen off on power saving mode to maximize power. LiPo's are quite infamous for their safety and degrading of battery life.

Too long; didn't read: don't buy a watch like this without knowing it's weaknesses.

no avatar
Fade

Post by Fade » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:52 pm

14 months later and the battery now sometimes is drained in the middle of the day.... Any other that experience this? Is it possible to change the battery?

no avatar
Fade

Post by Fade » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:50 am

Something must be wrong, I have used it for 4 hours today and now down to 63%, 10% pr hour!
I have never been able to use the GPS for running since the battery drains away to quick, 30 min. run and the clock powers down. Yesterday it shut down with 30% remaining.

no avatar
Fade

Post by Fade » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:48 pm

3 weeks ago I sent a question to Mobvoi support and still no answer... Not happy with the responce time at all.
I have started to look for a new watch just 14 months since I got my Ticwatch 2 Onyx, when I use the player the battery drains fast, when I use the GPS the battery drain fast, when I use the HR the battery drains fast... The watch is almost not usable anymore.