Responding to messages

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Kranon
Cash on hand: Locked

Responding to messages

Post by Kranon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I have an Onyx Ticwatch 2 connected to Galaxy S7 Edge. When I receive a text message, it pulls up on my watch fine, but pressing "reply" just pulls up a white screen with green checkmark and then goes back to the response menu (call, reply, open on phone, or clear). Has anyone discovered this issue, and what sort of solution was devised?

Thank you!

no avatar
nolanadams08

Re: Responding to messages

Post by nolanadams08 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:50 pm

I am using an Oak with a Nexus 5 and I have the same issue. Have not found a solution yet. Hopefully there's an easy fix!

no avatar
Zeppie

Post by Zeppie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Sms/email replies work. Skype/Hangouts replies don't work. Hopefully Mobvoi will bring this feature to our lovely device.

no avatar
esmizzle

Post by esmizzle » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Some things I'm able to respond to using the watch while others I'm not. I'm also not able to delete email through the phone. Not a deal breaker by any means but sure would be nice to have working.

no avatar
Kranon

Post by Kranon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Interesting. I cannot respond to SMS either. All messaging has the same issue for me. It may depend on the messaging app that comes on the phone, then.

no avatar
Djblkthunda

Post by Djblkthunda » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 pm

(Onyx tic2 global - s7 edge )I have the same issue and if i get more then one message i cant click it to see what it is or pick which one i want to respond to. I did find if there is one message if you click and hold it takes you to a diffrent screen where you can reply

no avatar
Kranon

Post by Kranon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 pm

I also have that issue with multiple messages. Drives me nuts.

no avatar
resq007

Post by resq007 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:58 am

HI I was having the same issues until I turned on the "optimize SMS message" located in the "ticwearglobal app" under notifications. I added a couple of quick responses( im busy ill call u back; K) and now I can reply to any SMS verbally. Hope this helps :D

no avatar
pelleeee

Post by pelleeee » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 pm

I also can not use the reply feature. When I click on one of them replys, it will not send a message in WhatsApp.

no avatar
Phatdoggy

Post by Phatdoggy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:40 pm

I have the same issue. I have the charcoal watch paired with a Samsung Galaxy S7 (US, AT&T). I'm using the standard texting app (Messages 2.1.60) and, when I receive the text and select Reply on the watch, I get a green check mark. I was able to reply with a voice text once or twice shortly after I first received the watch, but not since.