Blue Tooth pairing, plus other issues

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
brookswould
Cash on hand: Locked

Blue Tooth pairing, plus other issues

Post by brookswould » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:01 pm

So I'm having a hard time with the TicWatch 2. I was excited to receive it yesterday. It looks great, and I've been able to kind of use a few of the features (change the watch face, the calculator, etc.), but there are many features that have eluded me.

If I try to use the voice commands (aka swipe right), it says: "Voice Search Unavailable... Please check Bluetooth and Network." However, I am already connected via Blue Tooth, b/c I am receiving App notifications that come into my phone (ie. Facebook, Instagram, etc.)... So I'm not sure how I'm not connected. So I open the TicWear App on my iPhone (it's an iPhone 6s by the way, running the most updated software), and I login, and it tells me to PAIR using the QR reader or I can "Manually Pair." This is what I don't understand. If I'm already receiving App Notifications on my phone, then shouldn't I already by paired?????

Can someone help me out?

--
Brooks

no avatar
bassrebel

Re: Blue Tooth pairing, plus other issues

Post by bassrebel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:10 pm

The trick is to keep the app open at all times. I'm using iPhone 7 with iOS 10 and yes, it can be a little tricky until you find the sweet spot.

You will have to do a factory reset and try to pair again. Once you pair it DO NOT close the app. Keep it open and it should make your life way easier :)

Let me know if that works

no avatar
brookswould

Post by brookswould » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:09 pm

That worked, thanks very much!

no avatar
somerset

Post by somerset » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:38 pm

There are two types of connection between the iPhone and the watch. One is for small data transfer, such as notifications. The other is for larger data such as speech signal for voicesearch. So it could be that second connection is broken but it can still receive notifications. To keep both connections, the Ticwear companion app needs to be alive in the background.

no avatar
taputah

Post by taputah » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:57 pm

So, I have "accessory" paired and can mostly get notifications from phone; however, I stopped getting them this morning, but am now getting them again. The problem comes in trying to pair to ticwatch. I have the Ticwatch 2 on bluetooth and I go to pair then it says connected for about 1 second then not connected. Will never stay connected for longer than about 1 second.

no avatar
walt3r

Post by walt3r » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:04 am

somerset wrote:There are two types of connection between the iPhone and the watch. One is for small data transfer, such as notifications. The other is for larger data such as speech signal for voicesearch. So it could be that second connection is broken but it can still receive notifications. To keep both connections, the Ticwear companion app needs to be alive in the background.

Now i know why my pebble will always have 2 connections shown from my Bluetooth tray.
One is shown as Pebble LE and another is just Pebble.
a note to developer team ( i dont see that i need to run pebble app each time i connect my pebble watch, it auto connects and i can clear all background apps with no issues. I only need to open the apps if i need to change watch face or configure some settings.)

I would presume that if you want to receive call ( talk and reply) from the watch itself, you will need the companion apps to be running at the back?

I am with full envy as my onxy will only be delivered by end oct or even early nov. I am also contemplating to change to iphone 7 or google pixel going by which system ticwatch2 can interface with less problems. gonna hold it and see how things progress from here.