Change Watchband for onyx

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tianjun
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Change Watchband for onyx

Post by tianjun » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:33 am

I sharpened the included screwdriver with a grindstone - the one my family uses to sharpen knife. I had little trouble after sharpening the screwdriver.

no avatar
Hopmonkey

Post by Hopmonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:26 pm

I had some trouble with it but using a good bit of downward pressure seemed to be the trick for me.

Anyone know if its possible to get a half link for the watch? Either its a smidge too big and slides all over my wrist, or its trying to crush my wrist. I really like the look of the the metal band but can't get it to fit just right.

no avatar
JosephD1014

Post by JosephD1014 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:32 pm

I was also wondering about the half link for the watch band and then realized it's probably just easier to get a new watch band period. I'm just dealing with it sliding right now in the meantime, but that's the good thing about having it use a standard size (20mm).

no avatar
ericjorg

Post by ericjorg » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:55 am

I am trying to remove the actual wristband which may make it easier to adjust the band. Do you know how to take the wristband off the watch?

Also, I only received one wristband, weren't we supposed to get two because of the stretch goal?

Thanks!

Eric

no avatar
JimStilwell

Post by JimStilwell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:20 am

It is being looked into guys. The best bit of advice that I can give you would to be to try another tool (you have done that) or take it to a Watchmaker or jeweler. Usually they would have the tools on hand to make to take apart even with a damaged screw head. They will usually do it for little or no cost as well.

no avatar
Casinada

Post by Casinada » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:13 am

The Screw driver that comes with the watchband is not good. After almost ruining the screw heads I tried my own screwdriver and had no problem removing the screws and links.

no avatar
Kingsley

Post by Kingsley » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:04 pm

ericjorg wrote:I am trying to remove the actual wristband which may make it easier to adjust the band. Do you know how to take the wristband off the watch?

Also, I only received one wristband, weren't we supposed to get two because of the stretch goal?

Thanks!

Eric

Hi Eric, just push the screws towards each other and you can take off the band on the watch.

no avatar
JosephD1014

Post by JosephD1014 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:16 pm

ericjorg wrote:Also, I only received one wristband, weren't we supposed to get two because of the stretch goal?

You should have also received a black silicone-type wristband in the shipment that would have not been in the ticwatch box - it would have been in a little envelope with a picture of a wristband on it. Since it was extra they didn't put it inside the main box.

no avatar
MattWeiler

Post by MattWeiler » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:00 pm

I received my Onyx a few days ago and the included screwdriver worked fine for me after I un-clipped the watch-band from the watch.

I had to un-clip the watch-band from the watch before I could use the screwdriver, but the screwdriver worked just fine once the watch-band was laid out flat.
Before I laid the watch-band flat, the screwdriver couldn't dig into the screws due to the angle at which the screwdriver was coming from.

For me the big problem was clipping the watch-band back onto the watch.
I have big hands/fingers so when I was holding the 2 pins in while trying to place the watch-band within the watch bracket, I had some issues, but I eventually got it.

Also, I had to add 4 of the 5 provided additional links to my watch-band and I lost 1 of the screws; I'm just glad that I didn't need the 5th link.

no avatar
curvin777

Post by curvin777 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:15 am

Dswerdloff5 wrote:Same problem I can't get the screws out to make it smaller

I had the opposite problem, the band was tiny when I got it. Adding in links was pretty easy though, no problem unscrewing the one I tried, and the new links went on just fine.