How to make Watchmaker Premium work on Ticwatch2 GE

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
darshanz
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by darshanz » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:42 am

I had a headache getting the sync on 4.2.4 but this worked for me. I know how to push things using adb but this method allows you to send watch faces as usual. Only downside is you use an older companion app until they fix it. I don't think you need to do this paragraph (installing 4.2.6) directly below, but I did so left it there.

Install watch apps as standard. So companion 4.2.6 and the latest global app store. Sync as usual, choosing new pair option. Factory reset the watch. No need to select clear data. Remove the companion 4.2.6 and install 4.2.4 (Link below).

Once 4.2.4 is installed and sync comes up choose manual sync. Swipe through to qr code on watch. If watch is not found on companion app, hold your finger on the qr code on the watch. Keep trying until you see manual sync come up there as it took a number of times for me. Something will make it come up instead of the qr code. Just keep trying. Once manual mode on watches there then find the watch on the companion app and it should manually sync. Choose new sync. All should sync as usual.

Then install watchmaker premium from apk (link will be given later if legal, but find it for now). On first load of watchmaker choose any round face watch. I chose lg g watch r. Now check on watch for the watchmaker face. If not there, go to companion app on phone and click top left menu, then choose to sync apps. Wait a while but keep checking the watch for the watchmaker face. Eventually it will be there. I synced apps a few times and it took like 10 minutes on mine to appear, with me trying to send faces in the mean time to see if it pushed the watchmaker apk a cross to the watch.

Eventually it was there. Once you see the watchmaker face on your watch (and will show in companion app under watch faces) try sending a watch from your watchmaker app on your phone. You should see a white bar display on the app and watch.. If so, leap for joy as it's working.
I don't think you need to ever install 4.2.6 (so maybe the first paragraph isn't needed) and the key point was holding the qr code to enter manual sync on 4.2.4 as the qr code doesn't work in that version.

All credits to the original explorers: Lance Stafford, Peter Brown

Links:

Watchmaker Premium : This app can be bought from the google play store.
Last edited by darshanz on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

no avatar
Pete_Repeat

Re: How to make Watchmaker Premium work on Ticwatch2 GE

Post by Pete_Repeat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Worth adding to the post (edit if you can) that watchmaker premium can be bought on google play store.

no avatar
McFluffy

Post by McFluffy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Im sorry but... im lost at "Now check on watch for the watchmaker face. If not there, go to companion app on phone and click top left menu, then choose to sync apps. Wait a while but keep checking the watch for the watchmaker face. Eventually it will be there. "

Where on the watch am I supposed to look for it? Should it show up somewhere on companion app?

no avatar
McFluffy

Post by McFluffy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Which API? Message or Data?

no avatar
darshanz

Post by darshanz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 pm

McFluffy wrote:Which API? Message or Data?

Message API.

no avatar
darshanz

Post by darshanz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:07 am

McFluffy wrote:Where on the watch am I supposed to look for it? Should it show up somewhere on companion app?

In the watch when you long tap on the watchface, it will open up a screen where you can change the watchface. Scroll right towards the end of the list. The watchmaker premium should be there after the "My Photo" watchface
(See attached)
Attachments
1478476798130.jpg
1478476798130.jpg (114.24 KiB) Viewed 7315 times

no avatar
dlewis39

Post by dlewis39 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:37 am

Is this feature only available for Android phone users?

no avatar
Snake

Post by Snake » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:15 am

You should be giving credit to the original person who worked this out first and supplied your links.
Me oh and here's Chinese watchmaker required.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlZIXjhTq4BjwVj9NPRJIAD0fWE0

Don't forget to thanks it's only manners u know.