Clock stops while charging

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
thesios
Cash on hand: Locked

Clock stops while charging

Post by thesios » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:28 am

So, when I put my watch on the charger, it does its animation, then goes into the ambient mode dock clock face. However, the clock stops at the time when I docked it. As soon as I take it off the dock, it goes to my selected watchface and displays the correct time. I'm assuming it's supposed to "keep time" when docked, right?

no avatar
aoleg

Re: Clock stops while charging

Post by aoleg » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:40 am

Actually no, this is intended behavior. Saves OLED burn-in and all that. I believe there is a setting in the Developer Options (it can be activated on the watch the same way as on any other Android device) that allows you to disable this feature and display ambient clock face while charging.

no avatar
thesios

Post by thesios » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:27 pm

For clarity, it does display something the entire time it's docked. It switches from the analog face that I use to a completely digital face, then goes ambient, but shows the same time the entire time it's docked.

The first night, I docked the watch at 00:13, and it displayed 00:13 the entire night (in ambient mode) until I took it off the dock just before 6. When I took it off, it switched to my watchface (which I expect), and the time corrected. Last night, I turned ambient mode off before docking, and the screen turned off shortly after docking. I could see the time if I wanted to if I tapped the crown button, and it displayed the correct time.

It's the first night situation I'm trying to figure out.

no avatar
hansvanthag

Post by hansvanthag » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Have seen the same thing .. anybody else? ?

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Last night I had it on the dock frm about 11pm on. Suddenly at 00:13am the display went on with my standard watchface. it stayed on for about 20 minutes and the time was locked at 00:13am and the seconds were frozen. Then it went to my ambient watchface and some minutes later it went off again. I did not do anything and I didn't touch the clock.

no avatar
rekuhs

Post by rekuhs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Same problem here

no avatar
Fade

Post by Fade » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:12 pm

After I downloaded firmware 4.4.1 this problem dissapeared with me

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:04 pm

I'm on 4.4.1 since it is out and had this problem more than once.

no avatar
Serwei

Post by Serwei » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:11 am

I don't have this problem; I'm on Ambient mode and Display Digital Clock while Charging.
I do see a mini version when you change a clock face, where it loads as 12:00 and then updates to current time. Takes about 1 second.
Maybe it goes to sleep and the clock face doesn't redraw?

no avatar
mynameisjosh

Post by mynameisjosh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:26 am

Similar issue here. Doesn't happen often for me, but I've woken up and looked at the time and was confused because it sure felt like I had been sleeping longer than that. Ha.