Do you need watchmaker to get other watch faces?

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Draggon
Cash on hand: Locked

Do you need watchmaker to get other watch faces?

Post by Draggon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi all, im only asking as I love the Rolex/Omega watch face look and want to get some. I dont have my Tic watch yet (due Monday :) ) so cannot see what it can do out of the box.
I was hoping I didnt have to 'sideload' or do anything too technical to get a version of Watchmaker (or other app) to do this? But if I have to I will :)

Any advice/thoughts?

Thanks in advance of my stupid questions :)

Steve

no avatar
kpointer

Re: Do you need watchmaker to get other watch faces?

Post by kpointer » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:52 pm

I agree is there way to get more watch faces without having to download the watchmaker app? I have an iphone 7 and would like to be able to add face without having to download programs. Maybe there is a way in the tickwear app you can add faces to upload that way? Thoughts?

no avatar
jepe63

Post by jepe63 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Until now it's only working trough sideloading, see other posts for installatiion .
We hope that watchmaker will include Ticwatch2 in their list of watches, unfortunally it's not 100% android wear, so i'm afraid they will.....

no avatar
ptaeck

Post by ptaeck » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm

For now the answer is yes.

Which means you have to be familiar with using google sdk tools - if you ever flashed you android phone you already are ;)

I was able to load my own watch face designs thru WatchMaker app. All you have to do is enable dev mode for your watch and ADB test over Wifi in Settings > Dev. Info and connect to your watch over Wifi. Just follow theese guides and you are ready to go.

Connecting adb over wifi:
http://forum.ticwear.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=231

Important: devices (computer and ticwatch) have to be connected to same wireless network (SSID) and you will find IP address of your watch in Network > Wifi > Advanced settings when connected

Installing apps over adb:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64123028&postcount=3

Uploading your WatchMaker designs from phone to ticwatch (direct upload from phone will not work unless we get Android Wear app up and running):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64123551&postcount=4

So far I was unable to sync with Android Wear app nor load com.google.android.gms (Google Play Service) package to watch to enable GMaps as there is root access required. But sooner or later we will gain total control over the ticwatch2 :)

Enjoy and thanks mobvoi for great piece of hardware!
Last edited by ptaeck on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Tyranter

Post by Tyranter » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi, can you give clarification on what you mean by "Important: devices (computer and ticwatch) have to be connected to same SSID.."
I have watch in dev mode. I have ADB Test enabled. I have wifi testing enabled. Ive got adb installed. But when I try to connect per the instructions you link to it doesnt connect. Laptop and phone are connected to to the router in the house. Assume when put ip in to adb you put the watch ip not the ip shown in ipconfig on the laptop?
Thanks in advance.

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:44 pm

You enabled Wifi on the Ticwatch2 and it is connected? Under Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi settings is enabled and under Advanced settings you se an IP address assigned to your TicWatch2?

Under Settings > Developer info options ADB test and Wi-Fi testing are enabled?

If yes you should be able to connect to the watch with:
adb start-server
adb connect <IP address of your ticwatch NOT the IP you get on your windows laptop with ipconfig>:7272

For example adb connect 192.168.1.87:7272 should answer with:
connected to 192.168.1.87:7272

And
adb devices

should answer with something like:
List of devices attached
192.168.1.87:7272 device

Try this and please post the exact answers you get and what you did. If adb devices answers with:
192.168.1.87:7272 offline

Go to Developer info, disable ADB test and re-enable it and try again.

no avatar
Tyranter

Post by Tyranter » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. :)

Had just typed up all the answers (ie done everything you stated) and was just getting "unable to connect to.. " message. But I tried flicking the adb test option off and on again to see if that would fix it and that worked. :)
Thanks again. Now its connected can fight my way through the next step of installing the app. :D