Pinging phone

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Adreinecke
Cash on hand: Locked

Pinging phone

Post by Adreinecke » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:17 pm

:?:
On my Galaxy Note 4 the Ticwatch 2 ping function only shows the pulsing icon, no sound. Doesn't help find my phone!

no avatar
JimStilwell

Re: Pinging phone

Post by JimStilwell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:02 am

Is your phone locked with a pattern or a code lock by chance? we have been running into some odd occurrences with that. If so could you try it with a regular swipe unlock screen for testing? What version of Android, Ticwear and TicOS do you have istalled?

no avatar
mmrulez

Post by mmrulez » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Iphone 6s (10.1.1) my first pairing with my tick (4.2.6) the phone's notification would only show a message on my phone, no noise.
I was doing random (fun) testing and reset to connect to an android, then reset back to my iphone, this time around the ping works correctly.
Side note, on the iphone when the hardware silence button is on, only a message appears on the phone with no sound.
Hope that helps :D

no avatar
Wturani

Post by Wturani » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 am

I tried to ping my iPhone 11 and all it did was show the volume elevate on my phone and the watch read “could not detect Bluetooth...”

no avatar
Wturani

Post by Wturani » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:28 pm

JimStilwell wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:02 am
Is your phone locked with a pattern or a code lock by chance? we have been running into some odd occurrences with that. If so could you try it with a regular swipe unlock screen for testing? What version of Android, Ticwear and TicOS do you have istalled?
It still doesnt work when the phone is unlocked...

no avatar
Wturani

Post by Wturani » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:44 pm

mmrulez wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:21 pm
Iphone 6s (10.1.1) my first pairing with my tick (4.2.6) the phone's notification would only show a message on my phone, no noise.
I was doing random (fun) testing and reset to connect to an android, then reset back to my iphone, this time around the ping works correctly.
Side note, on the iphone when the hardware silence button is on, only a message appears on the phone with no sound.
Hope that helps :D
Maybe I do a full reset?! Thanks!