Ticwatch doesn't accurately track running.

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Candid
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch doesn't accurately track running.

Post by Candid » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:48 pm

@bbtanghk
It has gps and tracks more or less accurate.

no avatar
bbtanghk

Post by bbtanghk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:04 am

That is not acceptable, they do claim that they have GPS in their watch, just wondering if this is my own problem? or everyone has the same issue?

I tried to turn off mobile data and GPS in my phone and try to walk with T2 alone after I reconnect via bluetooth and sync the walk there is no map only steps and time data. Doing the same while my mobile is connected I get a track shown and gps of my mobile is turned on automatically when I start the walk on the ticwatch. meaning it is actually using GPS from phone, not its own GPS.

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:52 am

Now I tested again, it has gps. i contacted the support and got an answer. When you turn on fitness app and choose e.g. walk the gps symbol (if you are not connected to your mobile) starts flashing. Then you have to wait until it has gps fix (gps symbol stops flashing and is stable). This took me 9 minutes outside but with cloudy weather!

Then I moved around a little bit and "back at home" I reconnected to my mobile and now there is a track in the health view where the recorded fitness activities are shown. So in the end the ticwatch2 has gps. So I think for all my older fitness activities it used gps from my mobile and it never until now had an own gps fix. So I hope that in future the gps fix will be much faster because I do not want to wait for about 10 minutes ervery time.

no avatar
Anstds

Post by Anstds » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:38 pm

Yesterday I've runned 3 miles... it just displays 1.3 :/ even my gear fit works properly :/ please fix this issue this one it's really a deal breaker, in the other hand u can dol like nike app, that u can put the real KM after a run because it exist a minor variation in every run... fix it nowwww my tic y useless right know...

Btw somebody has tried to se it in a free style... it does not gives you calories :/

I'm pretty disappointed after a week of use.

no avatar
Gaby
Mobvoi Team

Post by Gaby » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:15 am

Check whether the GPS is locked before running, or it may cause inaccuracy distance.

When the watch is connected with your phone, GPS information from your phone will be used.

Calories wont be recorded under freestyle.