How do you a pair a second phone

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
restiphani
Cash on hand: Locked

How do you a pair a second phone

Post by restiphani » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to pair a 2nd android phone. I don't see anything in the manual about this. When I try to manual pair the device it doesn't work either? This is on a Samsung Note 5

no avatar
vwsplitty1980

Re: How do you a pair a second phone

Post by vwsplitty1980 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:28 pm

restiphani wrote:I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to pair a 2nd android phone. I don't see anything in the manual about this. When I try to manual pair the device it doesn't work either? This is on a Samsung Note 5

I'd like to know this as well?

no avatar
somerset

Post by somerset » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Some people in Facebook said you can go to watch's bluetooth settings and pair another phone, I haven't tried it myself though.

no avatar
vwsplitty1980

Post by vwsplitty1980 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm

somerset wrote:Some people in Facebook said you can go to watch's bluetooth settings and pair another phone, I haven't tried it myself though.

I'm trying it via that but I can't not get a second phone to connect. Both iOS and android connect if I reset the phone to factory and connect via the scan code but then depending on which one is connected I still can't connect a second device?

no avatar
iammackinnon

Post by iammackinnon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:10 am

This is something I'd like to know as well. I had to use android installed on a pine64 since I didn't have any other device that would work with pairing at the time (using the old companion app). Now that I have a tablet I can use, I'd like to pair with that but I'm unable to find the device

I've tried maual pairing [tablet] + searching for a bluetooth device [ticwatch2] but no detection.
The scan code isn't available either after the initial setup.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I might try taking a photo of the QR code and trying to pair using that... but not sure if it would work or not (on top of that being an improper way for this to work).

no avatar
Tripledrop

Post by Tripledrop » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Do you guys mean pairing 2 phones at the same time? Or one at a time?

no avatar
jlynton

Post by jlynton » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:58 pm

If you go to Settings>About> and tap TicWear Version 7 times that will enable Developer Mode. Once in developer Mode scroll down to "Pair Code", that will give you a QR code. I haven't tried it, but I imagine that you can use that to pair a second phone.

no avatar
JimStilwell

Post by JimStilwell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:18 am

The devices right now are not really designed to be paired to more then one phone/watch each. The dev mode that people have been using kind of works but its not really for that either. I don't know if it will make it to a future software release at this time either. The Mobvoi team typically recommends people reset the watch to pair it.

no avatar
Tripledrop

Post by Tripledrop » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Ah I see, would love to have personal and work phones connected at the same time