New GTX, notifications are terrible

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
erikcave
Cash on hand: Locked

New GTX, notifications are terrible

Post by erikcave » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 am

I just got a new GTX. I was surprised to find the notification screens to be terrible. They are in a tiny font, do not show the sender's name, cannot be individually dismissed and there are no settings for which apps are allowed to show notifications. Is there a way I can fix this? I have checked for updates on both the watch and the Android app. Watch says version V001266.

Thanks!

no avatar
christopherwmcconnell

Re: New GTX, notifications are terrible

Post by christopherwmcconnell » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:34 pm

I've had the EXACT same issues. I get the phone is $53, but c'mon. These are absolute deal breakers for me to continue using it. Also, bluetooth is constantly disconnecting and when you get an SMS, it only shows the phone number of the person texting and doesn't even show a large portion of the text.

no avatar
outsdr1

Post by outsdr1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:25 am

The watch has a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm contacting service on Monday. If displaying the name and larger type of an incoming text is not possible, this is going back. When buying a watch at this price point, I understand there's going to be shortcomings. However, this is a deal breaker. Also, if you look at their website, https://www.mobvoi.com/us/pages/ticwatchgtx under the Notifications of Incoming Calls and Text Messages area, it clearly shows the name and the type is much larger.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi, Friends

We are looking at the notifications issue, Hopefully Improved with new firmware update.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

no avatar
rkmullins1

Post by rkmullins1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm

The constant bluetooth disconnects are truly annoying. Let's hope that we get an update before the money back guarantee expires.

no avatar
brendsouza

Post by brendsouza » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:48 am

Very concerning feedback . Been waiting for my delivery of the GTX, no one seems to care in Customer service. But after readying this, guess I’ll look for an alternative.

no avatar
frank.stefan

Post by frank.stefan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:14 pm

I got the Ticwatch GTX today.. the used Font in notifications is terrible.

However.. i can´t get ANY whatsapp notification. I get Email notification, but NO whatsapp.
Notification access is allowed and the mobvoi app has not energy saver restrictions.
Every other watch can display whatsapp notifications, but only the GTX fails.

no avatar
frank.stefan

Post by frank.stefan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Correction : i got whatsapp to work... but i also have the bluetooth disconnection problem.

no avatar
jt_mobvoi
Bank: Locked

Post by jt_mobvoi » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 pm

When I first connected the watch, I was unable to get any notifications, but after a phone reboot, text and incoming call notifications are working, which is all I need. I haven't had the disconnect problem... yet.

For those who keep having disconnects, please share your phone model in case that helps Mobvoi's support team narrow down the cause. Mine is a Samsung Note20.

I can deal with the font (type style and size) used for notifications, but the lack of proper word wrap is maddening - words in English should not break to the next line in the middle of the word. Second, we absolutely need contact names to appear rather than phone number. We understand this means that your app will need access to our contacts. It would also be nice to see an entire message rather than a portion. This could be accomplished with swipe scrolling as needed.

I am able to dismiss individual text messages although the button label of "Delete" should be changed to "Dismiss" and the button label for clearing all messages, "Clear All", should be changed to "Dismiss All" to make it clear that you're not actually deleting the message from your phone but rather just dismissing the message on your watch.

For those who prefer bullets:
  • Add word wrap for all notifications
  • Replace phone numbers with contact names
  • Show entire message and allow touch/swipe scrolling
  • Rename "Delete" button to "Dismiss"
  • Rename "Clear All" button to "Dismiss All"
  • Ensure that notification timestamp matches the 12 or 24 hour time setting (currently, it always shows 24 hour time)

no avatar
christopherwmcconnell

Post by christopherwmcconnell » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Any update, Aatif?