More Improvements Needed
100%

Total votes: 21

no avatar
martinxsin
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: TicWatch GTX Bugs and Improvements

Post by martinxsin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:29 am

Alarm clock not waiting for user button press or something similar action? If do not disturb mode is on,alarm not working. Do not disturb mode is very good at night, but alarm must be on too.

Best Regards, many thanks for your work too..

no avatar
raychris98

Post by raychris98 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:47 am

So ordered watch when they announce it and waited for a month to get here. The only thing that worked out of the box was it tells time. I am then told to wait for the update to fix everything, which I do hoping that the watch will be usable. When update finally does come out it not only isn't a firmware upgrade but a non-working fix altogether no matter what it was. I then contact Mobvoi for a refund and am told that I am past the 30 day return on a watch that never worked at all. I decided to send my watch in for warranty repair and see if I get one that does anything different (not much hope on that). I will be sending it in for repair every time I get one until the warranty runs out just to see if they ever fix the issues. Won't be buying another one of their watches ever again. Have 2 Fossil watches that I love and way cheaper then Mobvoi current offerings. Lesson learned.

no avatar
sbulmers

Post by sbulmers » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

When do you think our GTX watches will work as advertised? I've had mine since it's was released and it's just as useless today, as when I purchased it.

no avatar
steve4

Post by steve4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Yes, I'm still waiting for the production model to arrive as what they've sent me seems to be an early beta test version :(

no avatar
darkelfrich

Post by darkelfrich » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm

My GTX has been a huge disappointment.
I did the KS for the original Ticwatch E. And that watch, old as it is, still does everything I could ask for. I had hoped that several wearables later your product would be better than that.

The GTX :

Took several attempt to change the time format. I want a 12hr format. Had to change watch faces back and fort, restart the phone, restart the watch and it finally worked.

The SMS notifications just quit. They were working, then overnight quit.

Several times I attempted to change watchfaces and the attempt hung at 'Synchronizing' . The hand was in the same hand that watch was.

The message notifications I got were horrible. The font was horribly pixelated and very difficult to read. The message was incomplete, ran off the sides and bottom of the screen.

The vibration is not adequate most of the time to be noticed.
The timer would benefit from vibrating until turned off or ringing the phone after being ignored for some a set amount of time.

I was quite happy with the GTX for about 24 hours. I've tried several times to reset the watch, reinstall the Mobvoi app, remove my Ticwatch E from pairing and hoping things work. They have, almost without fail ceased to work within 24 hours if not sooner.

I owned (and still do) a Pebble, Pebble Time and Pebble 2. Those wearables (the Pebble) have been the gold standard for battery life, functionality and stability. I only hope some future update will get the GTX somewhere close to them.

no avatar
jeff.helfand

Post by jeff.helfand » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:48 pm

Big issue: When using the exercise feature, you can't see messages and alerts without exiting the exercise all together
General UI can be difficult.

Bought this for swimming as I have a Ticwatch Pro which obviously does a lot more but not swim proof.

Like others, can't figure out how to get information for weather.

Jeff Helfand