Are suggestion welcome? Well, I'm giving a few, you can always delete if not appropriate.

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
ryanj989
Cash on hand: Locked

Are suggestion welcome? Well, I'm giving a few, you can always delete if not appropriate.

Post by ryanj989 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 am

Good evening! I just received my TicWatch GTX this afternoon. I already charged it, paired it, and have it all up and running. I have had several low-cost smartwatches beginning with the Pebble Steel and have really enjoyed them. In light of that, there are a few little features that would be very useful that I have had on other watches that should be able to be installed with little difficulty and performance hit. If the programmers are willing, please review, if not, let me know and I will go about my business... :-) Or, if I am in the wrong spot, please let me know and I'll submit them in the proper forum. I apologize if these are already present, but I could not find them after scouring the software on my android phone.

1) A digital "leash" would be great. Two of my other watches do this, they notify me when I lose my Bluetooth connection. Sometimes it can be annoying, but most of the time it prevents me from leaving my phone at home on the charger, in the car, or at my office. It's been a real lifesaver.

2) Be able to specify what programs can notify me. Currently, there are only a small handful of all my programs. I have Wyze cameras and a smart doorbell that, on my other watches, will notify me. Really comes in handy when I am at work and my phone is on silent, or my phone is in another room and someone tries to sneak in my garage, or someone comes to the front door and I am upstairs.

Honestly, those are about it. I would not think these would cause a big performance hit in and of themselves. A ton of notifications would certainly start to affect battery life, but that is a personal choice, not a flaw in the watch.

Anyways, thank you for your time. From what little time I have had to play it is a really nice watch, definitely a huge disruptor in the market when looking for a quality watch with a strong basic feature set (which honestly a lot of people would prefer, especially for 25% of the cost of most of the other smartwatches). I look forward to seeing what else Mobvoi has in the developmental pipeline, both for this watch and for new products.

no avatar
davidwise8
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Are suggestion welcome? Well, I'm giving a few, you can always delete if not appropriate.

Post by davidwise8 » Sat May 01, 2021 11:24 am

Good post