Should details from TicPulse sync with Google Fit?

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
dale.worthington
Cash on hand: Locked

Should details from TicPulse sync with Google Fit?

Post by dale.worthington » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi All
What I would like to understand is if the continuous heart rate readings that are recorded in TicPulse are meant to be sync'ed with Google Fit?

Ideally I would like to forgo TicPulse and TicHeath in general and use just Google Fit but it does not appear that Google Fit will take continuous heart rate readings, instead you have to manually open the app and tap on measure heart rate.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Should details from TicPulse sync with Google Fit?

Post by garrywadams » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:35 am

Yes, this is mentioned several places in the forum, but isn't super intuitive in the documentation that comes with the watch.

If you have 24HR monitoring enabled in TicPulse, you can authorize the Mobvoi app on your phone to sync that data with Google Fit. In fact, it will sync all health data (Sleep, Heart Rate, Exercise, etc.) once it has been authorized.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
blibenson

Post by blibenson » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:18 am

"If you have 24HR monitoring enabled in TicPulse, you can authorize the Mobvoi app on your phone to sync that data with Google Fit. In fact, it will sync all health data (Sleep, Heart Rate, Exercise, etc.) once it has been authorized.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator"

Yeah right. Except it does not work and never has. Heart rate data does not come across reliably if at all most days. Numerous people have posted that it does not work. It is unclear if this is because Wear OS is total crap that Google seems to care very little about, or if it is a Ticwatch OS bug.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:34 am

I can say from experience that it does in fact work. Below is a screenshot of my Google Fit showing my Heart Rate, which comes exclusively from my TWP 3.
I'm not going to say that others haven't had issues getting it to work, but the feature does work and sync for me when configured correctly. See below:
Screenshot_20201203-213210.png
Screenshot_20201203-213210.png (119 KiB) Viewed 293 times
-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
radek

Post by radek » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:03 pm

After last update Heart Rate is not syncing at all with Google Fit - even during sleep tracking or excercise. I tried to reset watch, several times connect account and sync between both apps, and it's not working.

Also distance counting works bad - on 5 km walk it shows about 0,5-0,7 km too much that it should.