Sensors not working

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
jonaslchr
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Sensors not working

Post by jonaslchr » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:16 pm

Same problem here. Sensors not working right out of the box. Watch is not acknowledging that im wearing it and therefore not turning on the sensors..
This is a fault that mobvoi is responsible of, NOT the consumers. This is not okay, an mobvoi need to see that and take responsibility. There is obviously a lot of faulty watches out there, according to the forums.
And btw for mobvoi to claim that showering is to blame is BS, when pool swimming is according to them allowed.
Bad mobvoi bad...

no avatar
kelly.maddy
Bank: Locked

Post by kelly.maddy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 pm

Had anyone received a replacement due to this widespread issue? Support will only offer me 40% off a new watch. Pretty infuriating. I am curious, if anyone has gotten a replacement, what steps did you take? I like the watch but super disappointed if a lot of these just have defective hardware. I wonder if they have corrected it in manufacturing or (hopefully) it's corrected in coming firmware? Curious as to others experiences. This sucks to say the least. Very disappointed.

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 pm

jonaslchr wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:16 pm
Same problem here. Sensors not working right out of the box. Watch is not acknowledging that im wearing it and therefore not turning on the sensors..
This is a fault that mobvoi is responsible of, NOT the consumers. This is not okay, an mobvoi need to see that and take responsibility. There is obviously a lot of faulty watches out there, according to the forums.
And btw for mobvoi to claim that showering is to blame is BS, when pool swimming is according to them allowed.
Bad mobvoi bad...

My exact thoughts. Infuriating they had us pay 300 dollars and want us to pay more money for a replacement for a watch that shipped defective. Definitely poor corporate behavior.

no avatar
jonaslchr

Post by jonaslchr » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:36 am

kelly.maddy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 pm
Had anyone received a replacement due to this widespread issue? Support will only offer me 40% off a new watch. Pretty infuriating. I am curious, if anyone has gotten a replacement, what steps did you take? I like the watch but super disappointed if a lot of these just have defective hardware. I wonder if they have corrected it in manufacturing or (hopefully) it's corrected in coming firmware? Curious as to others experiences. This sucks to say the least. Very disappointed.
I sent my watch back to the shop that i bought i from and are currently waiting for them to receive it, and then they are giving me a full refund, hopefully. I dont know how it works were you live, but here in Denmark everything you buy is covered buy a 2 year warranty so that the shop you buy from are responsible. And now it is their problem to get their loss covered buy the company they got the product from.

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Done messing with these scammers; I just put a charge back in motion for this watch. Garbage. Going to get my money one way or another.

no avatar
labradorkid

Post by labradorkid » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm

my favorite Mobvoi promo video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGTflZYzuJw
At 50 seconds the guy dives off of a diving board and swims...yet DO NOT GET IT WET!!!
This is the video that's embedded in the Ticwatch Pro 3 web page.
Mobvoi could end up in a legal battle over that false advertising.

no avatar
labradorkid

Post by labradorkid » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:53 pm

I am getting a replacement Pro 3. I used SplitIt to purchase the Pro3 in November. SplitIt "reauthorizes" the remaining amount every month, that's not necessary, and if your card is maxed most of the time, it causes issues. In less than 2 months my sensors failed. Thought it was my fault, I had stress, sleep, heart rate and oxygen running for auto testing, figured I over loaded the system until I found this forum. No, I didn't get my swimmers watch wet, so I was authorized for a warranty replacement, but a refund was refused. Emailed a picture of my shipping receipt, $32.80 Canadian, and they applied $20US to my SplitIt account. A replacement watch has been shipped, no tracking number as of yet, they closed the ticket, and I have no idea if I'm getting a new replacement or a refurbished replacement. Whatever I get, I really hope that they finally fixed the issue, or it's just gonna fail again.

no avatar
labradorkid

Post by labradorkid » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Original watch shipped from China, broken watch went to City of Industry California US, and warranty replacement is coming from Richmond BC Canada. So IF Mobvoi finally fixed the hardware issue, it's unlikely that updated stock would be sitting in North America yet, so I fully expect another faulty watch. But if the rumors of Samsung Watch 4 having a blood sugar test are true... I'll be buying a new better watch later this year.

no avatar
MuhammadHusaini

Post by MuhammadHusaini » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:03 am

Any method can fix this issue? Any one able to find or do the fix for the sensor issue that related to the battery blinking issue.

no avatar
maurice71

Post by maurice71 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:40 pm

Same problem for me it started yesterday. It never happened before (from November). Tried the solutions proposed, they didn't work.
I hope this will be fixed by firmware update.