Sensors not working

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
bok.kas
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Sensors not working

Post by bok.kas » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 pm

Same issue here. I have lodged a warranty claim with the retailer. Seems ridiculous given how many posts, multiple threads going back months and device returns that mobvoi have not yet advised if this is software or hardware. Surely you know by now?

no avatar
mail4eon

Post by mail4eon » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:57 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Hi Friends,

We are aware of this issue and currently diagnosing it, will have solution for this pretty soon.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

Over three months, this is too long, please can you share an update for everyone as promised ?
Last edited by mail4eon on Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mail4eon

Post by mail4eon » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 pm

17 days into owning a new LTE version and the sensors stop, no recent sw update from what I can see, the device has never seen water.

This is painful, none of the recovery scenarios work, and more so no further updates from the forum reps here for 3 months on this topic. I've asked the question in a post, but the post didn't appear here (yet?).

Does anyone have any updates, looks like I'll have to start a return process via my retailer.

no avatar
sonnedin

Post by sonnedin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:05 pm

If your heart rate and oxygen sensors do not work, try doing a general system reset! I had a similar situation after the last update. Resetting the system helped a lot. Also check if Tick health is on!

no avatar
gurhaneliforever

Post by gurhaneliforever » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Dears, i read all of the written comments under this topic, and also i saw so many people were effected like me..suddenly sensors stopped working..Please solve this issue and also there is one thing more..In the battery saver display, the battery of watch started to act as having low batttery sign as blinking even it is full..I trusted this wacth and paid lots of money we are not deserving something like that..Please do something technical guys!!!

no avatar
atunguyd
Bank: Locked

Post by atunguyd » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:06 am

I got this problem yesterday - fortunatly the bootloader and recovery mode fix worked for me.

But i had to post this here -first notification that I received on the phone after resetting it was this.
ticwatch.jpg
ticwatch.jpg (114.82 KiB) Viewed 479 times
So never mind advertising - the instrictions to swim with your watch are actually inside the watch too!

no avatar
mail4eon

Post by mail4eon » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 am

I ended up taking a chance and getting a new replacement device under warranty from my retailer, simply because I do like the watch. So far so good, everything working but only 16 days in so far, so we'll see 🤔

Why are the forum reps not reponding to this thread? what's the situation with this obvious issue Mobvoi? Please manage the expectations of your customers!

Thanks

no avatar
frankie.berger

Post by frankie.berger » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 pm

I have this watch since 5 days, and today during a longer walk the HR and O2 sensors stopped working. I had to reboot the watch to make them work again.

no avatar
kelly.maddy
Bank: Locked

Post by kelly.maddy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:44 am

mail4eon wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 am
I ended up taking a chance and getting a new replacement device under warranty from my retailer, simply because I do like the watch. So far so good, everything working but only 16 days in so far, so we'll see 🤔

Why are the forum reps not reponding to this thread? what's the situation with this obvious issue Mobvoi? Please manage the expectations of your customers!

Thanks
Is anyone going to address this?!

no avatar
philip.f.green

Post by philip.f.green » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 am

sam.tsoi wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:46 pm
My Heart Rate and O2 sensors do not work.

Is anyone else having the same issue?
I had an issue where I would start TicExercise and it would not record any heart rate. The watch would display two hyphens as BPM.
After a couple of not at all helpful messages from support@mobvoi.com I received the following on 11 March 2021 and have not had any recurrence of the problem since then.

"For the heart rate issue, please try the following steps:
1. Rebooted to Bootloader (holding lower Button/Pin while rebooting);
2. In Bootloader Mode from that state and select "Shipping Mode". This just shut the watch down. Then turned the watch on again"
(ticket number 298383)