Sensors not working

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
brian.jones9936
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Sensors not working

Post by brian.jones9936 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:50 pm

I have a the new Pro 3 that is 3 weeks old and the heart rate sensors didn't work the first day and then started working but only for only a few days. I received it on the 16th of November and it stopped working on Thanksgiving day. I contacted Mobvi and they are not going to fix it!!! They have an issue with these watches and are not honest or reputable. $300 shot!

no avatar
kelly.maddy
Bank: Locked

Post by kelly.maddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Mine stopped working on 11/28/20. I am having the same issues, blinking battery icon on essential diplay and no sensors working. Is there seriously not an attempt to fix this yet? What is the consensus on approach to this issue? Just file a return?

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Having the same issue? What gives? Are all these watches bunk?

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:06 pm

None have worked for me either; just opened warranty claim on my watch.

alberto.dalben

Post by alberto.dalben » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 pm

tum.luc wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:04 am
I have the same issue. Hear rate sensor not working - I've tried all to proposed solution in this thread, but non of them worked.

@Aathif Mahir wrote month ago that they will have solution prety soon, but there is still no information!
This is just horrendous
Each time I had the problem it was right after a shower, and last time I was able to fix it by draining the speaker: when OLED display is on keep pushed the bottom button, then choose "speaker draining".
After doing that 2-3 times I saw a little droplet right out of the speaker holes and the problem was solved.
Try also this

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:30 pm

alberto.dalben wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 pm
tum.luc wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:04 am
I have the same issue. Hear rate sensor not working - I've tried all to proposed solution in this thread, but non of them worked.

@Aathif Mahir wrote month ago that they will have solution prety soon, but there is still no information!
This is just horrendous
Each time I had the problem it was right after a shower, and last time I was able to fix it by draining the speaker: when OLED display is on keep pushed the bottom button, then choose "speaker draining".
After doing that 2-3 times I saw a little droplet right out of the speaker holes and the problem was solved.
Try also this
I have showered in it once and tried this repeatedly and restarted. I did it probably about 10times; do not see any water present and speaker is clear and audible. Still have the low battery warning and sensors all disabled.

no avatar
clopes

Post by clopes » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:10 am

±1
just 1 day after arriving al the sensors stopped working. it's a shame that after this time they don't have a solution.
Last edited by clopes on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:35 am

This needs to be addressed asap with statement from the company. It seems nearly all watches are going to fail. I have received one support message re: this and it was just the ship mode workaround. This is unacceptable. I am writing into industry blogs today to highlight this and put pressure on Mobvoi to either refund and pay for returns or issue software fix if it can be addressed via software.

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Btw...If you've taken even one shower don't expect them to warranty this watch. What crap.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201211-081527.png
Screenshot_20201211-081527.png (287.77 KiB) Viewed 1184 times

no avatar
kelly.maddy

Post by kelly.maddy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:22 pm

This is not happening due to showers. This is just defective. I opened my watch due to them denying a warranty claim. The water damAge indicator was completely white and not triggered. Beware of buying this watch. They will not honor warranty claims, but the real issue is these watches are seemingly all just defective. I will be writing a long letter to customer service tonight. I buy a lot of gadgets and I have never felt hoodwinked. Snapdragon Wear 4100 should rescind their licensing due to this..they are taking advantage of being the only wear 4100 watch. I'm furious