Battery indicator keeps blinking on TN display

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
achimbauer
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Battery indicator keeps blinking on TN display

Post by achimbauer » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:38 am

After using my watch for about a week, this problem suddenly occurred. After reading this exact post and trying everything, I requested a new watch and stated it as a "Broken on arrival". Now the second watch also has this problem and I tried everything:

- Restarting/powering on/off
- Factory reset
- Discharge/recharge in several modes
- Enter Ship mode, charge/discharge
- Enter recovery mode and factory reset from there
- Drain speakers

It is very annoying not to know when a fix is coming and wheter it is a hardware issue or not. I'm quite happy with the watch but I can't rely on a self-discharging device that is attached to a power cord... I don't want to return it right away but if there is no solution, what should we do? Right now it's in my drawer, turned off and doing nothing. Very disappointed of a nearly 300$-flagship device.

no avatar
antusekjindrich

Post by antusekjindrich » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Same problem, but without shower...:-/ Too much problems for so expensive HW:-/

no avatar
pillem23

Post by pillem23 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:12 pm

That the sensors do not work, I think it causes another problem which is that the watch does not lock when you remove it from your wrist

When will it be updated with the new firmware?

BR

no avatar
petr.nalevka

Post by petr.nalevka » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:56 pm

Big thanks for the tips..

1) I tried ship mode during charging - I will try mode cases like when charged fully or when starting charging this time the battery was at 24% but did not work

2) I tried speaker draining as well, but no luck

I think in my case it is really unrelated to water as I have never used the watch in any wet environment unless I'm sweating too much..

no avatar
or

Post by or » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:38 pm

I have the same issue, I got the watch just 2 days ago, what is going on...
Will it be fixed or should I return the watch :oops: :oops: :oops:

no avatar
ecco-db

Post by ecco-db » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:10 am

My watch has had the same issue as everyone else on here for a few weeks now. Sensors dead, watch no longer locks when removed off wrist, multi function button occasionally opens google pay, flashing battery on TN screen...been speaking to Mobvoi for a week. They state i have broken it due to showering and refuse refund even though Mobvoi staff on this forum state it will be fixed in the next firmware release. Contradictory just like their IP68 small print. It seems this watch can only be used in a bucket of rain water...anyhow, it is clearly a software issue in my opinion. I've started a dispute with my credit card company to get a refund. The watch, when working was excellent. If a fix comes soon, no requirement for a refund!

no avatar
aaron103rvs

Post by aaron103rvs » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:41 pm

I've found that barometer also is not working. Draining speakers does not help

no avatar
xkilox95

Post by xkilox95 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:05 pm

Can we get an updated to this?

no avatar
a.delrosso

Post by a.delrosso » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:05 am

The most shameful thing is the silence of mobvoi on the matter. They took our 300 euros, gave us a defective product, and now they don't even deign to let us know for sure if this is a software problem and, if so, when it will be fixed. For me, this is the second bad experience with a Mobvoi smartwatch.

no avatar
petr.nalevka

Post by petr.nalevka » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:21 am

It started working as of sudden!

To recap I had this issue with my first TW Pro 3 and after 2 weeks of use it appeared on the replacement watch I got from Mobvoi. I have never used the watch in any wet environment what so ever - no showing or even swimming I do not remember having the watch on even in a heavier rain.

I tried everything on this forum special charging routines, different charges, speaker draining, rebooting to ship mode, factory reset - many times! Nothing helped.

Suddenly I was taking a nap in the afternoon, I did not touch the watch in any way. Before the nap the issue was still there, after the nap suddenly the battery indicator on TN screen was full not blinking - after 2 weeks the issue was suddenly gone.

Sensors did not yet work but after rebooting the watch they also started to work properly.

So to me the issues seems random, immune to any intervention. It just starts one day and you never know when or if it will revert.