Battery indicator keeps blinking on TN display

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
kantiten
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Battery indicator keeps blinking on TN display

Post by kantiten » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:24 am

Same problem here (France), ordered by amazon and non functionnal After only 5 days. I ve Seen they were working on it for at least 2 months before I bought it but they're still selling this unfunctionnal product! Is it a joke ?

no avatar
antusekjindrich

Post by antusekjindrich » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Finally I got reply from mobvoi. They have offered me the warranty request. I just sent my TW Pro 3 to UK. They also reimbursed me 16 Euros as shipping cost.
Honestly I am quite suprised about positive reply form Mobvoi. Also the shipping costs is fair for me. I understand that I saved the money when I bought this watch from mobvoi directly compared to Czech prices...So I count with budget for warranty problems. Now I can say just that I am quite curios about next step. I hope I will get a new one.-D Glass protector and new straps are waiting here:-D

I think that international warranty could help to improve customer service. This is standard for many other brands.

no avatar
xkilox95

Post by xkilox95 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Well I just put my Warranty in hopefully my 2nd watch wont have this issue

no avatar
88and88itis

Post by 88and88itis » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:32 pm

AM also having similar issues

no avatar
lipsztykos

Post by lipsztykos » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Hello Mobvoi, where is that update?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:29 am

alberto.dalben wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 pm
Aathif Mahir wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:22 am
Hi Friends,

This issue is going to be fixed in next firmware update, will announce the release date of next firmware very soon.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator
I own the watch by almost 2 months and it happened to me three times, last time was right this evening.
The first two times I was able to fix the problem by some reset/discharge/put in essential mode operations, but I didn't understood what was the exact sequence that worked, so now I've the TN display battery icon blinking and sensors not working, again!! :(

The interesting thing in all these three times is I had the problem right after having a shower wearing the watch:
Could it be the hot water droplets doing multiple rapid taps on the display in a way that create the problem?
Could it be the water/moisture creates some short-circuit between the charging contacts?
Could it be the water/moisture creates some short-circuit inside the watch?
Anyone else had the problem right after a shower?

Hope this questions could help Mobvoi team to understand the problem, we're all waiting a fix
Hi alberto,

Thanks for the information, will share with our engineers for further analysis.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

no avatar
mobvoi30

Post by mobvoi30 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Any update on this? Have the same issue - battery indicator, battery drain, sensors not working :(

no avatar
lipsztykos

Post by lipsztykos » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Hi Friends,

This issue is going to be fixed in next firmware update, will announce the release date of next firmware very soon.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator
Hi Aathif Mahir,
Could you share any information about firmware update for us, pls
People are going mad mate
Tia

alberto.dalben

Post by alberto.dalben » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:29 am
alberto.dalben wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 pm
Aathif Mahir wrote:
Hi Friends,

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator
I own the watch by almost 2 months and it happened to me three times, last time was right this evening.
The first two times I was able to fix the problem by some reset/discharge/put in essential mode operations, but I didn't understood what was the exact sequence that worked, so now I've the TN display battery icon blinking and sensors not working, again!! :(

The interesting thing in all these three times is I had the problem right after having a shower wearing the watch:
Could it be the hot water droplets doing multiple rapid taps on the display in a way that create the problem?
Could it be the water/moisture creates some short-circuit between the charging contacts?
Could it be the water/moisture creates some short-circuit inside the watch?
Anyone else had the problem right after a shower?

Hope this questions could help Mobvoi team to understand the problem, we're all waiting a fix
Hi alberto,

Thanks for the information, will share with our engineers for further analysis.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator
It's seems after some days the problem "solves" by itself, but last time I had it solved after 2 days by flushing the speaker multiple times: I saw a little droplet coming out of the speaker holes (just one) and then the FSTN battery icon stopped blinking and the sensors came back to work.
Now I have the FSTN battery icon pemanently at full level (even when the battery level on WearOS goes down to 30-20%) but since now the sensors are working, I don't want to do any other hard reset and I'm not using the watch under the water.

It's clear there's a problem on battery level alignment between FSTN and WearOS displays

no avatar
a.delrosso

Post by a.delrosso » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:04 pm

The Mobvoi app doesn't display the battery percentage to you too?
Attachments
IMG_20201223_000339.jpg
IMG_20201223_000339.jpg (50.5 KiB) Viewed 1156 times