Parts of the screen are unresponsive to touch

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
gnuite
Cash on hand: Locked

Parts of the screen are unresponsive to touch

Post by gnuite » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:49 am

I recently tried to adjust the "Sleep cycle" and "Non-tracking time" settings on my TicWatch Pro 3, and I discovered that many parts of the edges of the screen consistently do not respond to touch. That makes the circular "time range selector" screen is extremely difficult to use, since it requires you to drag UI elements along the edges of the screen. For example, when trying to select 8:30 pm, I accidentally selected 9:00pm, after which I could not change that endpoint at all anymore - it was stuck at 9:00 pm.

Is this a hardware defect, or are the edges of the screen just naturally less responsive? Or might there be some negative interaction with Wear OS's "swipe right" gesture?

qiangzhang

Re: Parts of the screen are unresponsive to touch

Post by qiangzhang » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:54 am

gnuite wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:49 am
I recently tried to adjust the "Sleep cycle" and "Non-tracking time" settings on my TicWatch Pro 3, and I discovered that many parts of the edges of the screen consistently do not respond to touch. That makes the circular "time range selector" screen is extremely difficult to use, since it requires you to drag UI elements along the edges of the screen. For example, when trying to select 8:30 pm, I accidentally selected 9:00pm, after which I could not change that endpoint at all anymore - it was stuck at 9:00 pm.

Is this a hardware defect, or are the edges of the screen just naturally less responsive? Or might there be some negative interaction with Wear OS's "swipe right" gesture?
Hi ,
We are currently optimizing the Touch firmware. The optimized firmware will have a better operating range and faster swipe and click response.
New firmware.jpg
New firmware.jpg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
Touch improve.jpg
Touch improve.jpg (98.09 KiB) Viewed 2683 times

no avatar
ravenian13

Post by ravenian13 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:05 pm

Thx!
That's very good news :)
Luckilly its not problem with screen, so no replace needed.

qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 am

ravenian13 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Thx!
That's very good news :)
Luckilly its not problem with screen, so no replace needed.
Yes, we are still optimizing the click, sliding, and edge touch of the screen. When this firmware is pushed to everyone, you will find that your watch screen becomes smooth like chocolate. :D
This is a continuous optimization process and may take some time(Time won't be too long).

no avatar
lukasz

Post by lukasz » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:08 am

qiangzhang wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:54 am
gnuite wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:49 am

Hi ,
We are currently optimizing the Touch firmware. The optimized firmware will have a better operating range and faster swipe and click response.
New firmware.jpg
Touch improve.jpg
Yeah,
Glad to hear ! :)
Looking forward to new update

no avatar
szerwi

Post by szerwi » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:36 pm

@qianzhang - I'm still experiencing this issue even after PYDA.200427.064.MRB.201023.001 update. Will it be repaired in the next update?

no avatar
hugokiehl

Post by hugokiehl » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:29 am

qiangzhang wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:54 am
Hi ,
New firmware.jpg
Touch improve.jpg
Hi qiangzhang, Would you give us a concrete timeframe to have this fix delivered?

I'm glad to see some progress on this fix. I'm with the watch for a week and in general I like the watch, however I'm almost returning it and getting back to samsung or fitbit, mainly due to the twp3 touch screen issues. I'm really upset with the screen responsiveness, the sporadic taps while just swiping through the notifications and menus, and the touch screen not working on the screen edges that makes hard to use / unusable some of the watch faces, tiles and apps. I'm also unhappy with Google Assistant issues (like some simple commands not working and connection problems - "Couldn't connect to your phone"). I'm doing my best to like the watch and it can be indeed one of the best smart watches in the market, but issues with basic features like touch screen in a $300 smartwatch are unacceptable. Please, give us more updates / follow up and the timeframe for this touch screen fix. Thanks!

no avatar
nickpelton

Post by nickpelton » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 pm

I would also like to know when this issue will be fixed, first TWP3 had dead sensors on arrival and now the new one has the terrible touchscreen issues. You cant even scroll properly or type without it randomly pressing the wrong part of the screen. :(

qiangzhang

Post by qiangzhang » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:41 am

Dear all,

The version update plan was delayed by about 2 weeks. This new version will be launched around January 20th. I can pre-announce the log of this upgrade, but the final log is subject to the official release.

New feature:
1. Support to adjust the essential screen date format(DD-MM/MM-DD) through the Essential Mode app.
2. Support to turn on the backlight through the power button in the essential mode.
3. Support to turn off the essential screen auto-backlight in the Essential Mode app.
4. Enable notification sound.(The volume of the sound is controlled by Ring volume.)

Improve:
1. Improved the speed of the Tilt-to-wake screen by about 1/4 second.
2. Optimized the problem that the steps generated in essential mode may be partially lost after booting.
3. Improve the smoothness of sliding.
4. Optimized the response area at the edge of the screen.
5. Reduce the backlight brightness of the essential screen.
6. Improved the pairing speed when pairing with android phone.

Bug fix:
1. Solved the issue that the backlight of the essential screen could not be lit up by Tilt-to wake under certain circumstances.
2. Fixed the issue that double-clicking the function key sometimes opened other apps instead of Google pay.(If Google pay is available in your area.)

But more importantly, we will start recruiting beta experiencers for the H MR2 version around the 20th, and my colleagues will announce more detailed information at that time.

I have received private messages from many people. Please be patient. My colleagues will release more detailed information around the 20th.
:D :D :D

no avatar
limonero2002

Post by limonero2002 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 am

Hola buenas los sensores no funcionan desde el día 6 de Enero. No puedo medir ninguna constante vital. Arreglara la nueva actualización el problema de los sensores ? Si no lo arregla devuelvo el reloj. Es una pena que no funcionen los sensores en un reloj de 300 €.