TicWatch 3 Pro LTE restarts automatically

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
daniel.decker
Cash on hand: Locked

TicWatch 3 Pro LTE restarts automatically

Post by daniel.decker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Hello Community,

i have a problem with my TicWatch 3 Pro LTE. When i have the LTE modem activated (setting to always on) and the mobile signal is poor, the TicWatch sometimes restarts itself. It can be reliably reproduced when I'm in a building and then cover the watch with an arm or put the watch into a jacket pocket.

Has anyone faced this problem too?

I'am asking myself if my device is defect or if it is a driver or WearOS problem. The Mobvoi support offered me to change the device, but if the latter is the case, it wouldn't help much.

Regards,
Daniel

no avatar
kiernanc

Re: TicWatch 3 Pro LTE restarts automatically

Post by kiernanc » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:57 pm

I have the same problem. I was able to download a Telstra (Australia) eSim to the device. The LTE works fine for calling/SMS and data.

Now, when my watch goes out of range of bluetooth or Wi-Fi, it often restarts. I can't tell whether this happens when it loses LTE connection (e.g. when the signal is poor, like @daniel.decker described) or when it tries to reconnect to bluetooth/Wi-Fi.

I think this is a problem with the software, but I have no way of verifying.

no avatar
einkauf
Bank: Locked

Post by einkauf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Hi

I have the same problem. Or in other words after reading your post I recognized why my watch often reboots. That´s what happens during exercises outside while smartphone is at home...

Did you get a solution or did you change the watch ?

Mike

no avatar
ticwatch8

Post by ticwatch8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Similar problem here: My watch restarts occasionally when switching from LTE back to bluetooth. My eSIM is set to "automatic".

no avatar
ticwatch8

Post by ticwatch8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm

Same problem here. My watch restarts occasionally when switching from LTE to Bluetooth. eSIM is set to "automatic"

no avatar
edders99

Post by edders99 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi,

My TicWatch Pro 3 is not LTE version. I've had it about 6 weeks and in the last week or so, it reboots at night a few times. Usually 3-5am, which is unbearable as it vibrates when rebooting and wakes me up.

I thought it was something to do with the TicSleep tracking or smart wake up function which I've been trying. But it's now doing it when when this is not set.

Help! What's causing this problem as it's a major problem discovered so soon after buying the watch? Is it faulty?

Edders