Tilt to wake still working in Essential Mode

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Polk011
Cash on hand: Locked

Tilt to wake still working in Essential Mode

Post by Polk011 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Hi all,

Is my watch just buggy or can you not have your watch in Essential Mode with tilt to wake off? I’ve been using essential mode when sleeping but when I move around a little or tilt my wrist (accidentally) in the wake position the backlight comes on. Gets distracting when trying to sleep and drives my wife crazy so anyone know how to fix this?

no avatar
jannikhelmi

Re: Tilt to wake still working in Essential Mode

Post by jannikhelmi » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:39 pm

Polk011 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:39 pm
Hi all,

Is my watch just buggy or can you not have your watch in Essential Mode with tilt to wake off? I’ve been using essential mode when sleeping but when I move around a little or tilt my wrist (accidentally) in the wake position the backlight comes on. Gets distracting when trying to sleep and drives my wife crazy so anyone know how to fix this?
Just turn on theater mode
Or go to the essential mode app and turn off the backlight

krakout

Re: Tilt to wake still working in Essential Mode

Post by krakout » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:40 am

Theater mode is very, very inconvenient because if you want to actually see the time during the night and press a button it's turned off and you have to turn it on again.

You'd expect that if Google had people who, you know, actually used their products in their daily lives they'd have seen this issue from the go and implemented a Night mode...

I had not seen the option to turn the light off in the Essential app, this is pretty nice though, of course, an overkill.