Forums

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
eiermaler
Cash on hand: Locked

Forums

Post by eiermaler » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:16 pm

This forum seriously needs some love. Tried to help other user yesterday, and mod takes ages to unlock the post. Also responses to community could be more frequent and precise . Just to mention the hmr 2 update.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Forums

Post by garrywadams » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:25 am

eiermaler,
Sorry for the delays in post approvals. This is a manually moderated forum and we're running light on moderators at the moment. We appreciate and rely on help from the community, so thank you for chiming in.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
petr

Post by petr » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 am

garrywadams wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:25 am
eiermaler,
Sorry for the delays in post approvals. This is a manually moderated forum and we're running light on moderators at the moment. We appreciate and rely on help from the community, so thank you for chiming in.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Garry isn't much better to let the forum open, unmoderated and let people express yourselves? And only in case of impropriety thread/post delete it backward? The people want to communicate, want answers. And where is better place than here?

no avatar
ironjon

Post by ironjon » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:25 pm

eiermaler wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:16 pm
This forum seriously needs some love. Tried to help other user yesterday, and mod takes ages to unlock the post. Also responses to community could be more frequent and precise . Just to mention the hmr 2 update.
Yes, totally agree with you.

no avatar
grandmastere

Post by grandmastere » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 am

Hi Garry,
i think some users would like to help as a moderator. Im in contact with Qiang already on the same topic.
just pic a few users and give them moderator permissions

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:43 am

petr wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 am

Garry isn't much better to let the forum open, unmoderated and let people express yourselves? And only in case of impropriety thread/post delete it backward? The people want to communicate, want answers. And where is better place than here?
It's not so much about moderating content from valid members, as it is keeping the SPAM and garbage posts filtered out. Unfortunately there are lots of bots out there that try to abuse the system. :(

I'll talk with the Mobvoi team about it.

Thanks!

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

krakout

Post by krakout » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm

Ι totally agree - this forum is like a barren field and, I feel, much of it has to do with the fact that EVERY post is moderated. When I signed up and first posted I thought "oh, they're moderating my first posts, that's ok". And this would indeed be a good practice. But EACH and EVERY post? That's too much and an unnecessary burden. And of course nobody else does that... It's a pity, because people look elsewhere for support etc ultimately.

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi Friends,

We are really very sorry for longer post approval times and reply for posts, we are little light hands and therefore we looking to expand our team in coming days, we’re taking a new step in improving the forum experience in coming days, please bear with us until then,

Feel free to fill the form in the below post, if you’re interested in forum moderation.
https://forum.mobvoi.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58337

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

no avatar
grs.mobvoi

Post by grs.mobvoi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:32 am

petr wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 am
That's actually the last thing you want to do.

I run another tech forum and if it was totally open, I'd be spending my entire life deleting spam. One spammer signed up and immediately proceeded to send about 1200 spam messages to the forum.

What we do is moderate the first few posts from a new member, and once they've proven that they're not there to spam the cr*p out of everyone, the moderation flag is cleared.

no avatar
hilker09

Post by hilker09 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:41 pm

I tried to open the link to complete the form, but I couldn't get it to open