Google pay something went wrong...

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
geoffmuhren
Cash on hand: Locked

Google pay something went wrong...

Post by geoffmuhren » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Hey there,

Google pay was just made available in my country. When trying to add the card (that already is added on my phone) to Google pay on my Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS I keep getting the error message 'Something went wrong. Try again.'

The Google pay app is fully updated on my watch. Does anybody have any tips to get the app working? The biggest reason I bought the watch was to use it to easily pay in stores...

Thanks in advance,
Geo

no avatar
Lennartkneppers

Re: Google pay something went wrong...

Post by Lennartkneppers » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:49 am

I have the exact same issue. I cannot add the card that I use to pay to my watch. I've tried several things:
- Factory reset of the watch
- Completely remove the card and add it again to the Google Pay app
- Completely remove the Google Pay app

I have no solution yet. Does anyone have Google Pay working on his Ticwatch Pro 3?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 am

Hi, All

We are really sorry for facing issue with Google Pay, Since this issue is related to Google we might need to wait for new update that fixes the issue from Google, until then will look for other solution and workaround and let you'll know if we have any

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

no avatar
escrevaparaojoel

Post by escrevaparaojoel » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Dear colleagues,

I'm facing the same issue...

I bought a Pro 3 to be used in Brazil, where Google Pay is already supported in Android and Wear OS devices...

I have it working fine on my phone but unfortunately not on the watch, where it takes an infinite loop, always coming back to the initial setup screen.

Any news to solve this malfunction?

Thanks to all!

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:42 am

escrevaparaojoel wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:06 pm
Dear colleagues,

I'm facing the same issue...

I bought a Pro 3 to be used in Brazil, where Google Pay is already supported in Android and Wear OS devices...

I have it working fine on my phone but unfortunately not on the watch, where it takes an infinite loop, always coming back to the initial setup screen.

Any news to solve this malfunction?

Thanks to all!
Hi escrevaparaojoel,

Would you mind clear cache and storage of Google Pay App on Your TicWatch by following below steps
- Open Settings in your TicWatch
- Go to Apps and Notification
- Select Apps and Select System Apps
- From the long list of app, Scroll down until you Google Pay
- Select Google Pay and From There Scroll Down a bit and Clear Cache and Also Clear Storage
- After that Open Google Play Store on Your TicWatch and Check for Updates
- Make sure to update the Google Pay if that update is available

After doing all the above steps, Make sure to Check Whether your country is properly selected in Region Settings in your TicWatch after that Please try to setup the Google Pay from the Beginning

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

no avatar
ian_soord

Post by ian_soord » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:50 am

When I went to set up Google Pay for the first time I also kept getting this error.
My credit card was appearing on my watch but it was somewhat blurred or greyed out for want of a better term.
So I spoke to my bank and they informed me that the card details entered in Google, including cell/mobile phone number, must match EXACTLY to what the bank has.
I soon realised that in Google Pay I had entered a land line and not my cell/mobile number. So I updated my phone number.
The bank needs the correct cell/mobile number so that they can send you a code to complete the activation of Google Pay on your TicWatch.
Anyway to speed up the process my bank informed me that they could manually approve/complete the activation. And as soon as they did that, the card instantaneously became active on my watch and set up was complete!! :D

Hopefully this will help some of you. ;)

no avatar
velner.johan

Post by velner.johan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem (Netherlands)
I already tried the solution mentioned by "Aathif Mahir" in reaction to "escrevaparaojoel".
I keep having the same problem "Something went wrong.
Please help to fix this problem
Johan

no avatar
phs.medeiros

Post by phs.medeiros » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem, I'm from Brazil, I've cleared Tic's cache, cleared data and I can't link the account. someone got a solution

no avatar
velner.johan

Post by velner.johan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:42 am

Is there an update on this problem? I still cant use Google pay on my watch.

no avatar
m.tang.ca

Post by m.tang.ca » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:03 pm

It seems that Google Pay must be active (therefore the watch is unlocked) to pay with the watch. Whereas on the phone, you just only need to unlock the phone.
Is it because there are no apps on the watch can run in the background? Or I have some wrong settings?