Ticwatch E connected to bluetooth but no internet

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Doublegrape
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E connected to bluetooth but no internet

Post by Doublegrape » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 pm

I am using the xiaomi mi mix in the US. I am having the same problem. It shows that it is connected on my phone but disconnected on the watch. I have tried everything if mobvoi doesn't update the software I will have to return it. It's pretty useless unless your connected to WiFi.

no avatar
alanxp

Post by alanxp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:45 am

I also have this problem and the temporal fix is RESTARTING THE WATCH

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:16 am

alanxp wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:45 am
I also have this problem and the temporal fix is RESTARTING THE WATCH
Hi,

Can you confirm your phone operating software as well software version on your watch?

Jamie

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:19 am

Doublegrape wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 pm
I am using the xiaomi mi mix in the US. I am having the same problem. It shows that it is connected on my phone but disconnected on the watch. I have tried everything if mobvoi doesn't update the software I will have to return it. It's pretty useless unless your connected to WiFi.
Hi,

Can you confirm the versions of both your watch as well as phone ?

Jamie

no avatar
HWCM

Post by HWCM » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:59 am

Same issue. When the watch is not connected to WI-FI, and the phone is connected to cellular, with the watch connected to the phone via Bluetooth, the assistant does not work. The watch gives a "assistant is unavailable, please check your connection" or something along those lines.
Apparently the watch has to be connected to wifi for assistant to work.
That's lame and unproductive.
Latest updates on Pixel 2 XL and ticwatch E.

no avatar
jamiej_11

Post by jamiej_11 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:29 am

I am also having same problem. I purchased Thursday afternoon as it will only work Google apps on WiFi and it's connected to Bluetooth. It's useless if I have to connect to WiFi all the time. My phone is Moto z play software updated and I have ticwatch e lemon. Please let e know

no avatar
jamiej_11

Post by jamiej_11 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Hey I have mine connected to my phone Bluetooth. I reset my watch and then turned on my Bluetooth and share cellular data with this device. How this helps. My watch is excellent. Battery life is great. When I go to bed I still have 40% left.

no avatar
Sgb66699

Post by Sgb66699 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:11 am

I just updated Android Wear software, now called "Wear OS" and the issue is still here on my Ticwatch E.

Wear OS : 2.10.0.188487362

OnePlus 5T :
OxygenOS 5.0.4, Android 8.0.0

I hope this could help and that you guys will be able to fix it because it's really annoying.

no avatar
lylem

Post by lylem » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:13 pm

My Ticwatch E screws up the WiFi connection on my Samsung Note 4.

I installed my software and everything seemed to work fine. Then within a day, I lost the WiFi connection. WiFi shows as being connected on my phone yet if I try to access the Internet or run some app, I get a message that the WiFi connection was bad or it was unable to connect.

At first, I thought my phone had developed a problem and exchanged it for another phone but immediately got the same problem. Since everything worked before I got the Tic Watch, I uninstalled the software and my phone started working. Left the software off for a few days and no problems with the phone. Reinstalled the software using factory defaults and within a day, Internet access stopped.

My wifi router at home has been in place for a year or so with no changes, my hotspot at work has been in place for about a year, I cannot connect through free wifi at fast food restaurants. As soon as I delete the watch and tic software, my phone starts working again????

My only thought is that there is a problem with the Android or watch software. Should I return my watch?

no avatar
Ricardosl1212

Post by Ricardosl1212 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:52 pm

I ordered ticwatch e.. so I don't have it yet.. but maybe using this option will help?
https://imgur.com/a/mAUfh

It says "prepared to share internet connection from this phone" (through bluetooth)

Reply if this work or doesn't work