Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tgriger
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by tgriger » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:33 am

I have connection problem too. What update did you get? And when?

no avatar
Mighty_Pig

Post by Mighty_Pig » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Is it just me or is the battery live fixed? Normally it only did max 1 day and now almost 2 days.

no avatar
lparcshinoda

Post by lparcshinoda » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:43 pm

samfong wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 am
Hi everyone!

Thank you for purchasing Ticwatch S & E

We are sorry to hear that you've been experience battery life issues with your watch. If you meet abnormal battery capacity, like a sudden drop or short battery life, please be assured that it is not an issue with the quality of the watch.

We advise that you use the watch until the battery is empty, then charge it up to full, and repeat this over 1-3 discharge and charge cycles - the battery capacity should improve.

If you have any doubts while using your watch, please feel free to contact our support team on the Mobvoi Official website. Thanks again for your support! Have a great day :)

Best,
The Mobvoi Team
By "0% battery" you mean waiting for the watch to power off after some time that the red battery icon appears, right?

no avatar
davecho

Post by davecho » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:41 pm

1st Opened - wifi / bluetooth / ambient / tilt / brightness (2) = lasted 4 hrs
1st Charged - (calibrated) - shifted to super low settings (no wifi/bluetooth/ambient/tilt/brightness(1)) = laster 28 hrs

My favorite Setting (Mid Setup Setting) :
2nd Charged - wifi (6hrs) / health from Gym (2 hrs) / bluetooth / ambient / digital watch face / tilt / brightness(2) = lasted 30 hrs

Which means im on a mid setup setting and im lasting 30 hrs, most likely if i switch to super low setting it will give me 48 hrs or more
based according to how i use my watch, but im sticking with my fave setting since it can last 30 hrs anyway.

so yeah this is better than any of my smart watch (esp samsung gear *cough *sukcs *12 hrs *cough)

no avatar
bigtime

Post by bigtime » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:10 pm

created an account just to add my experience.

reviewed most of the other users' thoughts on what may or may not have worked in improving battery issues.
Myself was averaging 10-15% battery loss per hour on average, no matter what was shut off. Was tough to get through a work day.
Just yesterday, was about to pack up and return the watch but read one user's post on disabling or force stopping the fit and fitness apps.
(Settings >> Apps >> Systems Apps >> both the Fit and the Fitness apps >> Force Stop)
I'm very glad I came across that post, as this has been the only change that has shown substantial results for me. I have even kept the "always-on screen" to ON, which I hear contributes to a lot of the battery usage, and I am currently sitting at 65% after 8 hours of regular usage. I know it's not the 36-48 hours of battery life some have reported, but it is a night/day change for myself as I can seemingly get through an entire day without constantly checking the battery %. I do not mind having to charge before bedtime daily.

Just thought I would throw this out there in case it may help even just one of y'all ticked off owners. Good luck-

no avatar
mhembra

Post by mhembra » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:42 am

hi just purchased my first tic watch S and sync it with my galaxy note 8. i have no issues yet with the features/functions but the battery life seems to be short of what i expected (48hours) from your website. fully charged it around 5PM yesterday but as of 11AM today battery is already drained. i haven't even used the watch yet and kept it in the box since yesterday.

no avatar
pcas

Post by pcas » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 am

davecho wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:41 pm

2nd Charged - wifi (6hrs) / health from Gym (2 hrs) / bluetooth / ambient / digital watch face / tilt / brightness(2) = lasted 30 hrs
When you say ambient, is there a setting I am missing or something with the watchface. I also use a digital face without second display and that helps.

no avatar
ertnk07

Post by ertnk07 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 am

Bluetooth is on, charging 7 percent per hour. It's very bad right now. The battery is running out in 15 hours :( . what should I do ?

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 pm

My Battery Stats with following options:
Default Watch Face (Blue). Fancy watch faces consumes lot of battery.
Always on Display = Off
Location = Off
Bluetooth = Always On except at night
Disabled the default Health & Fitness apps ( using Google fit)
I keep watch in airplane mode at night (10-12% battery gets depleted overnight).

no avatar
jacobpressures

Post by jacobpressures » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:10 am

Thanks for the info. I hope your suggestion works. On Youtube they are saying it lasts a day and a half. Mine is only lasting a few hours. I've charged it twice--once when i bought it and once when it was almost dead. I'll let it completely die before charging again and i'll do it 3 times.

Thanks again.