Post by KampongBoy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:59 am

OK. Found it. Thanks!

no avatar
MechMick
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: A step by step guide of WatchMaker on Ticwatch for iOS users

Post by MechMick » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Regarding BATTERY LIFE

Is WatchMaker worse battery life when compared to original Tic watch face?

no avatar
MechMick

Post by MechMick » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm

BATTERY LIFE ??

worse battery life when using a WatchMaker watch face compared to the Tic Watch original face ?

holmanm

Post by holmanm » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

MechMick wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm
BATTERY LIFE ??

worse battery life when using a WatchMaker watch face compared to the Tic Watch original face ?
WatchMaker itself doesn't affect battery life either way. How many pixels are lit and what sensors are in use are what affect battery life. If you have a watch face that shows no information (no pixels lit) your battery would last a long time but not give you any information. If you have every pixel lit and every sensor in use (showing constant heart rate, GPS location, steps, update weather every 30 minutes ...) then your battery will drain fast but you will have all information right there.

The advantage to WatchMaker is that you can choose what to show on bright and dim mode so you can create the perfect mix between battery life and information to suit your needs.

no avatar
PhucNguyen

Post by PhucNguyen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:57 am

Gaby wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:35 am
@Namphong , ok, I'll report this issue to WatchMaker developers, thanks!
hi Gaby,
How is it going? Currently, i have updated watchmaker and ticwear to latest version. But this issue still occurring.
Ticwatch2: 4.13.0
Ios: 10.3.3
Watchmaker: 4.6.4
The crurrent steps count , weather, calendar and phone battery status are not showing up.
Can you please take a look at this issue? It makes me feel so dust disappointed, I have to pay for an useless app.

no avatar
jrcjer

Post by jrcjer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:36 am

Re: PhucNguyen - I've had the same issues with WatchMaker since this summer. My understanding is phone battery status won't work as a function of iOS, and calendar might have the same issue, but I'm not sure why weather won't work.

Steps has been an issue on Android Wear devices as well in that I believe the WatchMaker developers haven't figured out how to have the watchface access the fitness app's recorded steps for the day; however, on Android Wear their watchface keeps its own count of steps (which is more or less accurate). On Mobvoi/Ticwatch2, it seems like steps ONLY count on a watchmaker face when they are registered during active (i.e., non-dimmed/non-ambient mode); this is most notable for when you are doing a "workout" (e.g., outdoor walk), which does a great job of registering steps. It seems like at the very least the WatchMaker developers should be able to rectify this problem the way they did on Android Wear (so that it counts steps in active or dimmed/ambient mode, even if their watchface cannot actually access the fitness app.

no avatar
MechMick

Post by MechMick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Ditto.. hope they manage to sort some of the issues soon. I really like the app.

no avatar
buriq

Post by buriq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 am

Hi, Tic 2 new user here.
I'm having issue with "Failed to verify installation package" when downloading watch maker app or certain watch faces (not all),
Ticwatch 2: 4.14.0 intl
iOS: 11.2.6
Watchmaker version available from watch face is v4.1.0 (updated 3/17/2017)

Kindly advise..
Thanks.

no avatar
Alexpan

Post by Alexpan » Tue May 08, 2018 10:02 am

Hi, I use watchmaker premium app 4.1.5 on my Ticwatch2. The steps count doesn't work. It shows 0 steps. While the native watch face shows correct steps. Please help.

Watchmaker version: 4.1.5
TicWear version: 4.14.0-intl
iOS: 11.3.1

Thanks.

no avatar
rperezmicheli

Post by rperezmicheli » Thu May 10, 2018 5:36 pm

I can't get the weather to work on any of the Watchmaker watch faces.

I see "getting weather" when I tap the weather widget on the WatchMaker watch face, and then nothing. Weather info doesn't load. On one of the faces this results in an obvious blank space in the middle of the watch face. It's called DigiX v2 and I grabbed it from FaceRepo.

I've tried changing the weather settings on the iOS app on my iPhone and transferring the settings to the watch and that hasn't worked.

I use a Ticwatch E with an iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 11.3.1

I have also noticed as others have mentioned, that when switching to a WatchMaker watch face from a regular watch face in the middle of the day, the step count is initially zero. But if I keep the watch face it will begin counting steps. It will then of course not match the actual step count if you compare to Google Fit or Fitness by Mobvoi. If you keep the same WatchMaker watch face day after day, my guess it that it would match, though I haven't really tested this.

Anyway, how can I get the weather to work?