Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
remcolam
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Post by remcolam » Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 pm

remcolam wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:25 am
My battery life is atrocious after the update. Where before I would get home from work after 9 hours with over 50% left, now the watch dies during the day, after 5, 6 hours. I just arrived at work, the watch cam of the charger 40 minutes ago and is already at 86%, with 4 hours left.
I performed a new factory reset earlier today, this time I didn't change or install anything on the phone, besides updates for the system apps (Wear OS, etc)

After having done that, I had 13% battery left... now, 5 hours later, that has dwindled to 1%. With ambient display on all the time. So that is very good.

I will slowly install the apps I was using to determine which one is draining the battery (Still annoying that the offending app doesn't show in the battery stats on the phone in the Wear OS app)

no avatar
remcolam

Post by remcolam » Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 pm

boneymss wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 am
remcolam wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:25 am
My battery life is atrocious after the update. Where before I would get home from work after 9 hours with over 50% left, now the watch dies during the day, after 5, 6 hours. I just arrived at work, the watch cam of the charger 40 minutes ago and is already at 86%, with 4 hours left.

Additionally it has trouble connecting to the phone. I need to fiddle with airplane mode and with bluetooth settings, before I can finnally do something.

I performed a factory reset, to no avail. Is there a way to go back to the previous firmware version?

Remco
I had a similar battery issue for the first 2 days. Did couple of restarts, google play update of the apps and now the battery is good again. Infact it looks like it's better than before.
I think I had an misbehaving app. I did a new factory reset, but didn't install anything new. Now it took 5 hours to go from 13% to 1%. that's more like it. When I get home from work, I will charge and try the apps I installed one at a time

no avatar
ThewebguyFL

Post by ThewebguyFL » Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 pm

where can I find the "Notification vibration strength setting" please?

no avatar
chadb2448

Post by chadb2448 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 pm

kopieerkoning wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 am
Received the update last night. Haven't noticed any strange behavior, working accordingly so far!
Would have liked the black theme instead of the green/grey-ish in the menu's. After a couple of hours use today the battery is at 91%, as before.
I believe if you go into Play Store and uninstall the Wear OS by Google app update and then reinstall it, you should get black background menus.

no avatar
maffle

Post by maffle » Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Please change the theme to pure blacks.

Only good thing I noticed so far with the update: BATTERY LIFE! The watch just lost about 5% in over 10hours! Before it was more like 15% in 10 hours.

no avatar
Rub

Post by Rub » Fri May 18, 2018 12:00 am

I'm not very happy with this update.
The watch menu is slow now when I scroll Trough my notifications it even lags. Weather apps don't update that good anymore, notifications vibration is really ly 2 soft 2 feel it. I rather wanna go back 2 android 7..is this a possibility?

no avatar
dylan

Post by dylan » Fri May 18, 2018 4:11 am

Congratulations on the update!
:)

no avatar
loicdeschamps

Post by loicdeschamps » Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 am

Hi

yesterday, i have 3 reboot in the same day. It's arrive after update to OREO. What's happen ?

regards

no avatar
loskultos

Post by loskultos » Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks for the oreo update!

Since the update I have the problem that standalone GPS isn't working. So i get no GPS fix as long as the watch isn't connected to the phone via BT.

Will this issue be addressed?

Krsmqn

Post by Krsmqn » Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 am

"I can neither scroll nor tap the bottom half and have to navigate only at the top to get to restart. That's annoying but has also occured before the Oreo upgrade, so probably not related."

- I am also facing this "responsiveness" issue. Sometimes when pulling down the quick settings, it pulls only halfway down. Other times clicking on an option gives zero response.

- I am also experiencing battery issues. The battery only lasts about half, or less, the time it did before the update.

- Bluetooth will randomly disconnect.

- WiFi, when turned off manually, will randomly turn on by itself.

I hope this info is helpful.