Using Ticwatch E as remote control

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
bionicmike
Cash on hand: Locked

Using Ticwatch E as remote control

Post by bionicmike » Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 am

Hi guys, I currently have a Ticwatch E, is there any way for it to be a media control for my phone? I listen to offline files, I don't stream music and I don't have a subscription from Spotify or Google Play Music.
I don't want to download music directly onto the watch, I want it to control my phone.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Using Ticwatch E as remote control

Post by Jamie » Fri May 25, 2018 3:17 am

bionicmike wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 am
Hi guys, I currently have a Ticwatch E, is there any way for it to be a media control for my phone? I listen to offline files, I don't stream music and I don't have a subscription from Spotify or Google Play Music.
I don't want to download music directly onto the watch, I want it to control my phone.
When connected via bluetooth and playing music, Swipe up from the main screen and you should see the controls for your music

Jamie

no avatar
bionicmike

Post by bionicmike » Sun May 27, 2018 12:02 am

Jamie wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:17 am
bionicmike wrote:
When connected via bluetooth and playing music, Swipe up from the main screen and you should see the controls for your music

Jamie
It doesn't work. I don't get a notification.

I have a samsung s6 edge+ with wear OS app and mobvoi app installed and its connected via bluetooth.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 am

bionicmike wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:02 am
Jamie wrote:
bionicmike wrote:

Jamie

I have a samsung s6 edge+ with wear OS app and mobvoi app installed and its connected via bluetooth.
I see. you are talking about offline files. That is not possible with the watch. It Is only able to control music from music players

no avatar
bionicmike

Post by bionicmike » Sun May 27, 2018 5:54 am

Jamie wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 am
bionicmike wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Jamie

I see. you are talking about offline files. That is not possible with the watch. It Is only able to control music from music players
Ok, I used Spotify. But it only lets me play Playlists. It doesn't give me any control over pausing or playing at all. Once I start a playlist I have to manually go to my phone and change it.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 pm

bionicmike wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:54 am
Jamie wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 am
bionicmike wrote:

Ok, I used Spotify. But it only lets me play Playlists. It doesn't give me any control over pausing or playing at all. Once I start a playlist I have to manually go to my phone and change it.
I use Spotify myself. That is strange... It should be able to control your music as such stop and play and forward. Even volume control is possible. As mentioned, try connecting via bluetooth and swipe up to go to the music control. Let me know if it works.

Jamie

no avatar
bionicmike

Post by bionicmike » Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Jamie wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 pm

I use Spotify myself. That is strange... It should be able to control your music as such stop and play and forward. Even volume control is possible. As mentioned, try connecting via bluetooth and swipe up to go to the music control. Let me know if it works.

Jamie
Yeah, that's exactly what i tried with spotify. It doesn't work. It's connected to bluetooth and everything and I tried swiping up and it doesn't work.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 am

bionicmike wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 pm
Jamie wrote:

Jamie
Yeah, that's exactly what i tried with spotify. It doesn't work. It's connected to bluetooth and everything and I tried swiping up and it doesn't work.
This is direct from spotify support on Wear OS.

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_e ... roid-wear/

Can you make sure your phone version is up to date and meets the requirements?

Jamie

no avatar
imkevinchung

Post by imkevinchung » Mon May 28, 2018 3:42 pm

what about sportify on ticwacth e paired with iphone ?? i use iphone and spotify, but when i want to open the app on the watch, it always say connection failed. I only can control play, pause, volume from the watchface notification, but i can't choose playlist or else because i can't connect to the spotify app on the watch.

no avatar
bionicmike

Post by bionicmike » Tue May 29, 2018 2:37 am

Jamie wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 am
bionicmike wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 pm
Jamie wrote:

Jamie
This is direct from spotify support on Wear OS.

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_e ... roid-wear/

Can you make sure your phone version is up to date and meets the requirements?

Jamie
My phone is up to date and it meets all the requirements.