Ticwatch E connected to bluetooth but no internet

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
slowyata
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch E connected to bluetooth but no internet

Post by slowyata » Tue May 01, 2018 2:16 am

Hey guys just came across this issue recently on my tic watch e, using a oneplus 5. Still got notifications and im able to push watch faces from my phone to the watch but my watch doesnt update things like, temp, phone battery and etc on the watch faces. Tic watch app and wear OS both show the watch is connected.

no avatar
slowyata

Post by slowyata » Tue May 01, 2018 2:18 am

I also noticed wear OS updated a few days ago, not sure if that update has anything to do with why my tic watch stopped getting internet from my oneplus 5

no avatar
ollik

Post by ollik » Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 am

Hi everyone,

where you able to solve that topic? I have the same problem on my Ticwatch E running Wear 1.1, connected to a Xiaomi 5s. The device only gets a connection to the internet when the phone is rebooted. After a while the watch is not able to connect to the internet anymore. The connection via wifi works flawlessly. I've contacted the Ticwatch support about that. Hopefully I'll get support regarding this issue soon.

Thanks, Oliver

no avatar
CarloHD

Post by CarloHD » Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 am

Same problem here, I can't use any internet access under Bluetooth connection, then I can't open play store, or use the assistant (it can't recognize the hotword), only with the wifi connection of the smartwatch I can upgrade apps and use the assistant, but it still doesn't recognize the hotword. I have tried all the possible solution, factory reset, unpair, allow permission access. It doesn't work from 2 weeks at today, before it works perfectly.

Smartphone Oneplus5t - no root - OxygenOS 5.1.1 - Android 8.1.0
WearOS app version 2.12.0.197630450 - Play service 12.6.85 (040400-197041431) - Google app 8.4.9.21.arm64
Smartwatch Ticwatch E - WearOS 1.2 - App home 2.12.0.197555195 - Play service 12.6.85 (050300-197041431l - Android 8.0.0 - Google app 8.4.9.25.arm

no avatar
Querrin

Post by Querrin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi,

Got my watch today, same problem here. Works with WiFi enabled on my phone but doesn't work with cellular data. Tried restarting, factory reset etc... I'm really disappointed, because that makes the watch pretty much useless to me. Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Information:
Phone: LG Q6 M700
Watch: Ticwatch E, Build OWDR. 180307.010

Have a good day :D

no avatar
davidkhoo

Post by davidkhoo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:49 pm

I just received yesterday and had the same issue in which when you're at home WiFi network it works and when you're away it is not syncing.

BTW, I'm using xiaomi 5s plus with the latest Wear OS.

and then... I realize, firstly, you need to be connected (phone-watch), there for run your Wear OS app and make sure your phone Bluetooth is On. Your Wear OS will show that it is connected.

Next, turn ON your Personal Hotspot on your phone. Then check on your watch Connectivity > WiFi. Add network, search for your hotspot. Enter password on your phone and your watch now has internet. The Cloud icon on your watch face will disappear.

Hope this helps.

Back home or office own network, then u can turn off your phone personal hotspot to save phone battery. Make sure your watch is connected to wichever wifi your phone is using.

no avatar
Querrin

Post by Querrin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Another post,

I was riding in a site with bad connection, randomly noticed that my watch started working with cellular data. What I find really weird is that it works the best with connection speed E (It worked with H but much slower). After I got back home the connection still worked for a few hours on 4G network, but now it doesn't, like before. Although that makes no sense, it did happen for some reason.

Best Regards, Querrin

no avatar
Nickhagan

Post by Nickhagan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Same problem. In an effort to fix it I did a factory reset, which wiped out my apps. Now I cannot connect to Play store to download the again. Smart watch is just a watch now. Please help.

no avatar
cardeaso

Post by cardeaso » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 pm

my smart watch ticwatch e does not connect to the internet through bluethooth and the mobile network of the cell phone, it only works through a wifi network either on the phone or on the clock, I have performed all the procedures indicated on their supports, desynchronize , re-pair, format phone and watch and nothing has worked.

It is curious that the clock, despite being in version 2.0, indicates in system information that is in version 1.2, I leave a screenshot of what I indicate, because of this problem, also, when I give update the clock tells me that it is already updated,

I can not access the google assistant, answer by voice whatsapp messages and neither access the play store.

Please your help as soon as possible, if you can send me the procedure and operating system wear os 2.0 to load it to the clock, I need to solve this problem.

I have tried all the solutions indicated here and it does not work, I have tried other phones and it is the same, the ticwatch e must work with the mobile internet through the bluetooth and not only with wifi, someone who solved this, please share
Attachments
screen v2.png
screen v2.png (15.21 KiB) Viewed 6884 times
screen ticwatch e.png
screen ticwatch e.png (30.79 KiB) Viewed 6884 times

no avatar
cardeaso

Re: Ticwatch E connected to bluetooth but no internet, HELPPP

Post by cardeaso » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 pm

My smart watch ticwatch e does not connect to the internet through bluethooth and the mobile network of the cell phone, it only works through a wifi network either on the phone or on the clock, I have performed all the procedures indicated on their supports, desynchronize , re-pair, format phone and watch and nothing has worked. It is curious that the clock, despite being in version 2.0, indicates in system information that is in version 1.2, I leave a screenshot of what I indicate, because of this problem I can not access the google assistant, answer by voice whatsapp messages and neither access the play store.

when I try to update the operating system, the system tells me that it is already updated.
The watch should have internet, that is, the google assistant, the play store and others without wifi, only with the mobile network and bluethooth of the phone, please someone who has solved this, who warns.

Please your help as soon as possible, if you can send me the procedure and operating system wear os 2.0 to load it to the clock, I need to solve this problem.
Attachments
screen ticwatch e.png
screen ticwatch e.png (30.79 KiB) Viewed 6884 times
screen v2.png
screen v2.png (15.21 KiB) Viewed 6884 times