Apps I'd love to have on my ticwatch 2

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Wyllan
Cash on hand: Locked

Apps I'd love to have on my ticwatch 2

Post by Wyllan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:42 am

Hey guys,

Ticwatch 2 is great! Rally lovely watch but almost useless currently so I thought I'd write a, list of apps I'd love to see on it.

Google maps! I big one but having directions on your watch would be phenomenal and as it's global version I don't see why I can't have this.

Google keep or a note taking app would be super handy

Google calendar or the calender app to sync my google calender.

Anyone else got some?

no avatar
Candid

Re: Apps I'd love to have on my ticwatch 2

Post by Candid » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 am

+++1

no avatar
glukkkk

Post by glukkkk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Indeed. However, I suppose Google services should be installed before. Maybe this app will help http://opengapps.org/app/ . Anyone wants to try? )

no avatar
darktator

Post by darktator » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Wyllan wrote: Google calendar or the calender app to sync my google calender.

There is already a calendar application, that show the current day appointement, synced from Google Calendar (I think datas are send from the phone, so it must be connected by bluetooth).

It's limited, but it's "only" a watch with a small screen ...

no avatar
Wyllan

Post by Wyllan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:56 am

The calender is ok but I can't seem to see further ahead than today :( so a more functional calender then I guess it's fine but I'd love to check things a week or month from now.

no avatar
Candid

Post by Candid » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:13 am

Yes some options for the calendar app would be very fine. Not only show todays events. Get this weeks / the next x days the last x days or something like this would be very helpful.

no avatar
Briggsc111

Post by Briggsc111 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:41 pm

A flashlight app would be great! Maybe something that when activated turns your screen all white, bumps up the brightness to the highest setting and removes the screen timeout until you tap the screen again?

aksiom

Post by aksiom » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 pm

Briggsc111 wrote:A flashlight app would be great! Maybe something that when activated turns your screen all white, bumps up the brightness to the highest setting and removes the screen timeout until you tap the screen again?
There is now a flashlight app available in Mobvoi store: LightIt (also available as TicLight; I presume dev renamed it and produced a duplicate). A version will also be installed on your phone.

The other option (before there are more quality apps available in Mobvoi store) is to enable AW compatibility mode. Afterwards, Color Flashlight Android Wear - which provides more functionality - will sync to TicWatch. Please note, if you enable AW compatibility mode, all apps on your phone that support AW will sync their mini-apps with TicWatch and thus end in TicWatch app drawer. However, plenty of them don't work properly and there is no way to hide apps in TicWatch apps drawer.

Uninstalling the apps on the phone also removes them from TicWatch.

aksiom

Post by aksiom » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Candid wrote:Yes some options for the calendar app would be very fine. Not only show todays events.
TicWatch calendar should certainly be redesigned. At current state it always shows all today's events and that's not very practical. I.e. if one has a lot of events in the morning, the calendar will list those in the evening and you have to scroll down to see what's next. :lol:

It would make more sense to see only future events in a defined period (hours).

There is, however, a way to show agenda for other days on TicWatch. Just ask Tico :D
  • What are my events for tomorrow
  • What are my events for Sunday
  • What are my events for 26th of November

no avatar
darktator

Post by darktator » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Candid wrote:Yes some options for the calendar app would be very fine. Not only show todays events. Get this weeks / the next x days the last x days or something like this would be very helpful.

Hello. Mobvoi is listening to us !
Since the 4.4.0-intl release, the calendar has changed and show 3 days of events.

Much much better ;-)