Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
dennisding
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch Weekly Improvement Report

Post by dennisding » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am

Ticwatch Weekly Improvement Report

To the Best Backers ever,

First of all, thank you for backing us on Kickstarter. We all know that Kickstarter project is like the US Presidential Election. Well, it is just complicated. In the past two months, we have shared the anxieties of waiting, the joys of delivery, the compliments for Tico, and of course, the voices of worry.

Our product is not naturally perfect. Luckily, we have you as our backer who willing to support and allow Ticwatch to grow and become perfect. Fortunately, our company has a group of talented staff who endeavor in making a difference. We might not be the biggest among all, but we are definitely the one who served you the best.

We are launching this series of weekly reports to inform you that your voices have been heard. The issues you have encountered are important to us, and we are taking actions to solve them. Hence, we want to use this direct and transparent form of communication to show all the bugs and issues that we have collected during the past days, and illustrate our resolution progress. If your problem is not listed inside, please comment on this thread, and we will add it in the next report.
Improvement Chart.png
Improvement Chart.png (218.89 KiB) Viewed 10031 times

Your comments are very important to us and we will keep pushing until it is perfect. If you have any ideas towards to improvement item above, you are more than welcome to comment and contact us at support@mobvoi.com.

Thank you for supporting us in every way

Ticwatch Team

no avatar
boonsnic

Re: Ticwatch Weekly Improvement Report

Post by boonsnic » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi, just curious for detail on the "Unstable Bluetooth Connection" item. Is this referring to Phone to watch connection (Phone as source, watch as recipient), or watch to BT device connection (Watch as source, BT device - such as headphone - as recipient)? I have seen reports of issues for both - myself having issues with the latter (Watch to Headphones etc).

Thank you for all your hard work!!!

no avatar
Harboe

Post by Harboe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks for the update. A few things I'm missing from my Android Wear watch.

Endomondo notification: On Android Wear It shows the time remaining and you could pause Endomondo from it. Really missing this.

Sleep as Android support (http://sleep.urbandroid.org/): Have tried writing them, but without luck. Maybe if you reach out they'll listen. :-)

When using the timer, there where an option to make the screen stay on and when it was complete it would be ready to start again. Use this feature when training between sets and it's a bit annoying to have to turn it on all the time.

Keep up the great work.

no avatar
thesios

Post by thesios » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:54 pm

That's a fantastic list. Does the weather update also resolve the jumbled forecast?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1180067782072516&set=gm.640245476149009&type=3&theater

no avatar
mitn

Post by mitn » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:17 pm

See my Suggestion under: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1572

ak1

Post by ak1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 pm

dennisding,

Thanks for involving us in this! I really like the transparency of it!

It's great to see what you are working on, what issues people are having, and best of all, what you are doing to fix thinks :)

no avatar
hansvanthag

Post by hansvanthag » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Great information guys !! keep up the good work.
Just one humble advice: if you look at the the favorite-theme on FB, then it would be about getting WatchMaker properly supported (again) ..
I think downgrading back to companion 4.2.4 isn't the right way to go and neither is the manual copying-over of WM-folders to the watch where still there's no proper communication with the watch .. Having proper WM support would i.m.h.o. drastically increase the watches competitiveness !

As this was supported previously (at least on chinese version) .. I'd assume that technically this can't be a real issue isn't it ? an update on the topic would be highly appreciated
Thanks !

no avatar
mohitdeshpande

Post by mohitdeshpande » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:34 pm

hansvanthag wrote:Great information guys !! keep up the good work.
Just one humble advice: if you look at the the favorite-theme on FB, then it would be about getting WatchMaker properly supported (again) ..
I think downgrading back to companion 4.2.4 isn't the right way to go and neither is the manual copying-over of WM-folders to the watch where still there's no proper communication with the watch .. Having proper WM support would i.m.h.o. drastically increase the watches competitiveness !

As this was supported previously (at least on chinese version) .. I'd assume that technically this can't be a real issue isn't it ? an update on the topic would be highly appreciated
Thanks !

I second this. Getting WatchMaker support in the companion app & watch firmware would be great ! There are not many people active on this forum, but if you look at the Facebook group, this seems to be a strong contender for wanted feature/partial issue . As mentioned above, since it is working with 4.2.4 version of the app, it would be great if the same support can be built in in the next version. Thanks for all the support Mobvoi team !! :) :)

no avatar
Dccameron

Post by Dccameron » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:23 am

Please add the ability to save audio recordings to computer or iPhone (iOS)

no avatar
bibet80

Post by bibet80 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:58 am

I felt that the tilt to wake mode is too sensitive and so it's unnecessarily draining the battery. I found that ambient mode without tilt to wake enabled drained less battery. So my proposal is to reduce tilt to wake sensitivity or to provide the options for user to select the sensitivity level. To me, my ideal setting will be ambient mode ON with less sensitive tilt to wake. So if i want to wake the watch, I need to purposely twist my wrist a bit harder but if I just want to see the time / date / battery level / steps, I can just raise my hands and get those information from the ambient mode.