SMS reply and double sim

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
darktator
Cash on hand: Locked

SMS reply and double sim

Post by darktator » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:37 am

Hello everyone.

I've tried the "sms reply" function from the watch yesterday : very cool feature !
I've received a SMS, had a look at it on the watch, and tried to answer with the "SMS reply" function. The watch proposed me quick answers, and I choose the "OK" answer from a list.

Everything went smooth to this point.

BUT, I've got a double sim phone, and I've got to send the reply answer throught the good sim (the one that sent the first SMS). At this point, I've point out an unexpected thing : the reply answered was not linked to any sim. As a result, the answer couldn't be sent from my phone.

In theses conditions, that make the "sms reply" completely useless, as I will never be abled to answer any SMS (with quick answers, vocal answer or whatever ... ).

Did you noticed that also ?

It seems weird, as double sim (even triple !) phone are quite common in China, and the ticwatch was first developped for the Chinese market.

no avatar
seronline

Re: SMS reply and double sim

Post by seronline » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:24 pm

I have a very similar issue when trying to call or answer a call via the watch. The watch says "No SIM card on phone. Cannot Make call"

I believe the issue is the same, i.e. when more than 1 SIM card is present (or even the slot to accept more than one) the watch simply doesn't know which one to use.

no avatar
darktator

Re: SMS reply and double sim

Post by darktator » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Does anyone else have this kind of problems ??