Ticwatch Improvement Report 12/17/2016

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
dennisding
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch Improvement Report 12/17/2016

Post by dennisding » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:27 am

To the Best Customers in the World

First of all, we apologize that we have postponed our weekly report for so long. Since the last update, We have been running back and forth among all departments trying to figure out how to bring the best experience to our customers instead of just giving a report that was showing only Q&A. Ticwatch will never be here without the support of our customer, and It is our responsibility to create a more transparent and trustworthy way to communicate with everyone who cares and contribute to our brand. Finally, we have decided with a more interactive way to demonstrate our improvement to all of you. Here will be the new version of our report.

There will be three parts of the report.
1. Continuously improvement report, which targets at all the issues that we have collected from Kickstarter, Ticwear forum, support@mobvoi.com, Facebook group, and Beta testing group. We will work with our engineering team (Noah, Qiang Zhang) to push the troubleshooting solution and improvement plan.
Improvement 12.17.png
Improvement 12.17.png (175.69 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
2. What's new about Ticwatch? Tell me about it!! In this part, we will demonstrate our design roadmap which is based on the suggestion panel from the Ticwear forum, and our Facebook group Vote.
What's new about Ticwatch 12.17.png
What's new about Ticwatch 12.17.png (121.59 KiB) Viewed 10381 times
3. The Watch Face of the Week, Excited!! In this part, we will introduce the New Watch Faces which will be available for download in the newest updates~
-Dark Knight
Dark Knight is a shape business look watch face to match your coolness
Dark Night.png
Dark Night.png (42.79 KiB) Viewed 10396 times
Dark Night ALON.png
Dark Night ALON.png (15.57 KiB) Viewed 10396 times
Dark Knight is a shape business look watch face with calendar feature to match your coolness.

-Film
a light blue mechanical watch face
Film.png
Film.png (61.22 KiB) Viewed 10396 times
Film ALON.png
Film ALON.png (12.03 KiB) Viewed 10396 times
Film is a light blue mechanical watch face which you can check your fitness goal and battery usage.

-Iron will
a classic three-hand chronograph watch face
Iron Will.png
Iron Will.png (43.37 KiB) Viewed 10396 times
Iron Will ALON.png
Iron Will ALON.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 10396 times
Iron will is a classic three-hand chronograph watch face which you can read temperature, battery usage, weekdays, steps at one glance.

4. Surprise, surprise!!! The new Time-lapse Watch Faces

Ticwatch, the TIC represent for Time In Control, what if we can actually capture Time and let it rest on our hands?
We have been running a secret project for new Watch Face type. We have selected several masterpiece Time-lapse shots and put them into your Ticwatch. So the Time can linger and flow on your hand and wrist!
(Battery warning, the Time-lapse Watch Face will increase your battery consumption, use them wisely, we are working on better battery optimizations~~ Wink Wink)

The Time Lapse Watch Face will have day time and night time mode, the mode will switch automatically according to the local time
City night
A city that never sleeps
Through busy streets to the skyline, I remember the nights we spent under city lights.
01.gif
01.gif (1.29 MiB) Viewed 10396 times
Mountain views
The best view comes after the hardest climb
Life's a mountain, hard to climb, but worth the amazing view from the top.
09.gif
09.gif (1.61 MiB) Viewed 10396 times
Sunrise over sea
Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of sunrise.
02.gif
02.gif (1.27 MiB) Viewed 10396 times
Your comments are very important to us and we will keep pushing until it is perfect. If you have any ideas towards to improvement item above, you are more than welcome to comment and contact us at support@mobvoi.com.

That is all for Today Folks~~Happy Holidays~~
Ticwatch Team

no avatar
Sixuan

Re: Ticwatch Improvement Report 12/17/2016

Post by Sixuan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks Dennis!! Looking forward to our users' feedback.

no avatar
hansvanthag

Post by hansvanthag » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:08 am

When will you guys restore (as you had it in the past) watchmaker support?
Current ftp solution only works partially (no phone data access) and is way too trickery for most users!
Think you are loosing out big time on popularity as theres such a huge WM community.
Finally, this has been asked so many times now that ignoring evrn the question will cause irritation at your otherwise loyal userbase!!

no avatar
Cslbp

Post by Cslbp » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:35 am

Great update, thanks Jerry.

The 'new' in development stuff looks exciting, particularly the iOS mobvoi store and potential customisable ringtones.

Looking forward to seeing what materialises next year.

no avatar
Harboe

Post by Harboe » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:12 pm

So after a month all we get is a few new watch faces and word that we might get a new timer app next year! Not impressed, sadly. Had high hopes, but they are unfortunately almost gone.

no avatar
Rich

Post by Rich » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:30 am

I'm new to the Ticwatch community and have to say that the dev team appears to be very committed to excellence. I own multiple smart watches (Apple, LG Urbane2, Gear S2 and Huawei) and with the addition of Ticwatch 2, I'm very impressed. It operates very well with my iPhone 7+. The update release described above is very helpful and with a new product, the progress has been faster than I expected. Keep up the good work.

By the way, I love that I can add new watch faces directly onto the watch. Please continue to add more faces to the library.

no avatar
jlynton

Post by jlynton » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:49 am

I like the idea of a calendar app, but will it have integration with google calendar?

no avatar
TycStyle

Post by TycStyle » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:24 pm

My Ticwatch has almost arrived!
Cannot wait to get busy with it ;)

All comments within this community have been very promising, keep up the great work!
Happy holidays to all

TycStyle

no avatar
Limbtz

Post by Limbtz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Last couple days the watch started to flash screen randomly when charging, auto switch back to home screen even when I try to navigate to apps or open shutdown/restart menu

v. 4.4.2_intl

no avatar
Harboe

Post by Harboe » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Weekly seems to mean something different than it does here!