Watch faces missing

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Matt7x5
Cash on hand: Locked

Watch faces missing

Post by Matt7x5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:13 am

Hi when my TWP updated recently I noticed that there were some new watch faces on the watch. Yesterday I had to reset my watch but whilst the version shows as the latest the new watch faces that were there before are no longer there. :(

no avatar
Opschor

Re: Watch faces missing

Post by Opschor » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Oke, I did also a factory reset and have less faces.

no avatar
Opschor

Post by Opschor » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:08 pm

I have standard 27 faces from mobvoi.

no avatar
Gorgos

Post by Gorgos » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Same here. I've changed my phone, so i had to factory reset the watch. After everithing was installed on the new phone, i've noticed the watch have less faces than before.

no avatar
Pavel_CZ

Post by Pavel_CZ » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:23 pm

I confirm the same behaviour.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Greetings!

The new watch faces that appeared after update is a preinstalled watch faces that came with new firmware update, unfortunately those watch faces won't be available after reset. We talked with our watch face engineer about this issue and he said that new watch faces would get uploaded to Play store in coming weeks.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
noahmart23

Post by noahmart23 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi, any sign of the new watch faces i.e. Heartbeat etc., it been nearly a month ?

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:53 pm

noahmart23 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:44 pm
Hi, any sign of the new watch faces i.e. Heartbeat etc., it been nearly a month ?
Greetings noahmart23!

I have followed up recently with the watch face engineer but there has been no movement yet on the Heartbeat or Walker watch faces so far. Your message will give me another opportunity to follow up with him again.

Strictly separate from my moderating role, I check the watch faces in the Play Store every day for my Mobvoi watch face website. There is a mailing list and RSS feed there to receive notification of when new watch faces are released from Mobvoi. I usually have the website updated within 24 hours of a new watch face release. There's a link in my profile if you have an interest.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
noahmart23

Post by noahmart23 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:16 pm

This is a great example of the frustrations that TicWatch users face and the dreaded "I will raise your concerns with the product managers and engineers directly" response, which usually means that users will refresh the forum looking for updates that these engineers might deliver, only to wait, wait, wait. Users have spent hundreds of euro's on their devices and have to suffer lagging, a lack of support, poor GPS fitness results i.e. Steps vs. Distance. All of these issues will ultimately kill off any positive word of mouth comments regarding the device and in the long run owners will switch devices. Stop telling users that it is with the product managers and engineers and actually fix some areas of concern. Frustrated owner.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 am

noahmart23 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:16 pm
This is a great example of the frustrations that TicWatch users face and the dreaded "I will raise your concerns with the product managers and engineers directly" response, which usually means that users will refresh the forum looking for updates that these engineers might deliver, only to wait, wait, wait. Users have spent hundreds of euro's on their devices and have to suffer lagging, a lack of support, poor GPS fitness results i.e. Steps vs. Distance. All of these issues will ultimately kill off any positive word of mouth comments regarding the device and in the long run owners will switch devices. Stop telling users that it is with the product managers and engineers and actually fix some areas of concern. Frustrated owner.
Greetings noahmart23!

I know there's frustration about the slow pace of getting some things done. Believe me, it would be even more frustrating if your views weren't getting in front of the right people at all. The moderators have access to a growing group of in-house people and we keep a list and direct your questions to those people we believe are responsible. Now, they listen and sometimes respond, sometimes they don't, some things get fixed but we don't find out till you do. We can only ask and assure you that we do ask.

I understand and EVEN share your frustration with the heartbeat and walker watch faces still not available. But, all I can do is to keep asking and I have reminded the engineer at least 4 times in the last month, the last following up on your last comment. He last said he had to contact another group to get the APKs that were in the firmware. Today, I asked again. I apologize that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Don't even get me started with the steps vs distance issue, you certainly did pick to mention one of the most difficult ones to get action on. I'm not sure why that is. A week ago, on Sep 8th, during my most recent attempt, I suggested that they allow the stride length as a user input to override the calculation of the stride length that's used currently and I thought there might be some interest in that idea. All the moderators have commented on the issue so I think we can safely say the engineers are aware of the problem. All we can do is keep hammering away at it and we do about weekly.

We're asking for change logs for the updates so we can let you know what's being fixed but so far that's been a tough nut to crack. The last OTA Update log took us a month to get after the update was released and it said 'various bug fixes'. That was it. Sometimes it's an uphill battle.

Putting your issues and ideas in front of the right people is what we do here. It's all we can do a lot of the time. We do take that responsibility seriously. It's sometimes frustrating but , as long as you keep with it, i will keep asking.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator