Voice Echo in call

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
seige
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Voice Echo in call

Post by seige » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 am

This issue is still plaguing me with Note 9 + Ticwatch Pro... the watch is great, the phone is great... and I bought the watch for 3 things: NFC (Payments), Speed (UI is much faster), Speaker! (Music/calls).
The fact that I can make a call, but it's broken, makes the whole concept of having the feature pointless.
I've tried all the "fixes" suggested, but at the end of the day I've invested my money in Samsung + Mobvoi, and should have to hack my way into making a solution work?
I am also not really in a position to worry about whether this is a Google or a Mobvoi issue: I think we should just simply be given an answer.
After all:
1. The issue is obviously easily reproduced (as we have common ground here), and if it can be reproduced, it can be investigated
2. The issue is evidently something with the Ticwatch itself... I've tried connecting my Note 9 to both the Huawei 2 and the Samsung Gear S3, and neither of those watches have the same problem... so is this REALLY a Google/WearOS issue?
3. Is there a defect/backlog item in your development schedule to investigate and fix this issue?

At the moment, I just have to think about moving to a Samsung watch - which I'd hate to do as the £200 investment in my Ticwatch Pro seems to have not been the best decision... because this feature WORKED initially, which is what is so frustrating.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:32 pm

seige wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 am
This issue is still plaguing me with Note 9 + Ticwatch Pro... the watch is great, the phone is great... and I bought the watch for 3 things: NFC (Payments), Speed (UI is much faster), Speaker! (Music/calls).
The fact that I can make a call, but it's broken, makes the whole concept of having the feature pointless.
I've tried all the "fixes" suggested, but at the end of the day I've invested my money in Samsung + Mobvoi, and should have to hack my way into making a solution work?
I am also not really in a position to worry about whether this is a Google or a Mobvoi issue: I think we should just simply be given an answer.
After all:
1. The issue is obviously easily reproduced (as we have common ground here), and if it can be reproduced, it can be investigated
2. The issue is evidently something with the Ticwatch itself... I've tried connecting my Note 9 to both the Huawei 2 and the Samsung Gear S3, and neither of those watches have the same problem... so is this REALLY a Google/WearOS issue?
3. Is there a defect/backlog item in your development schedule to investigate and fix this issue?

At the moment, I just have to think about moving to a Samsung watch - which I'd hate to do as the £200 investment in my Ticwatch Pro seems to have not been the best decision... because this feature WORKED initially, which is what is so frustrating.
Hi seige,

Please create a warranty ticket by elaborating your issue with more details in the below link, Hopefully they'll send you a replacement unit.
https://support.mobvoi.com/

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
WTsai35

Post by WTsai35 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Just as another data point, mine is paired with a Pixel 2. This problem greatly reduces the functionality for this watch, esp the LTE version.

Have others who have gotten a warranty replacement watch seen this problem corrected? I'm hesitant to send in for a replacement if it'll just happen again on the same watch due to software.

Would it possible to get someone from the software side to provide a post as to their understanding and progress on the issue?

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:39 pm

WTsai35 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:37 pm
Just as another data point, mine is paired with a Pixel 2. This problem greatly reduces the functionality for this watch, esp the LTE version.

Have others who have gotten a warranty replacement watch seen this problem corrected? I'm hesitant to send in for a replacement if it'll just happen again on the same watch due to software.

Would it possible to get someone from the software side to provide a post as to their understanding and progress on the issue?
Hi WTsai35,

Hopefully replacement unit won't have this problem.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
WTsai35

Post by WTsai35 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:21 am

So the warranty replacement arrived, but unfortunately, the echo occurs on this watch as well. I can't help but think this is a software problem, probably with timing of the microphone.

I was wondering if any engineers had examined this problem and could provide some insight? Absent that, I was wondering what the next step would be. I don't really see another warranty replacement as being a viable solution.

no avatar
seige

Post by seige » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:48 am

Brilliant customer service from Mobvoi: Replacement watch within 2 weeks has arrived.

Hooked the watch up to the phone, allowed it to update apps/connect/sync.

And sadly, the issue still persists, exactly the same problem.

:(

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:24 am

seige wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:48 am
Brilliant customer service from Mobvoi: Replacement watch within 2 weeks has arrived.

Hooked the watch up to the phone, allowed it to update apps/connect/sync.

And sadly, the issue still persists, exactly the same problem.

:(
Hi seige,

Please try using different sim on your smartphone and let us know, If problem still persists

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
seige

Post by seige » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi...

OK, swapped SIM - reboot phone + watch (to be safe) and still there is echo.

Swapped another sim - reboot + still there is echo.

I am not sure what the result was meant to be but sadly there is no change :( :(

Aathif Mahir

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:12 pm

seige wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm
Hi...

OK, swapped SIM - reboot phone + watch (to be safe) and still there is echo.

Swapped another sim - reboot + still there is echo.

I am not sure what the result was meant to be but sadly there is no change :( :(
Hi seige,

We are really very sorry for the issue your currently encountering with TicWatch Pro, Please do the following steps and let us know if the problem still exists.
  • Reset your TicWatch by Going to Settings - System - Disconnect and Reset
  • After reset don't update any of the apps on your TicWatch by going to Play Store.
  • Try using call feature with above preset
Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
seige

Post by seige » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:12 am

Hi...

I've tried all of those changes, and sadly the problem still persists. There would seem to be an issue with WearOS?

Or, could it be something to do with Samsung?

Has the issue been reported on any other combinations than Samsung Note9 + Ticwatch Pro?

Chris