Ticwatch pro charging issues

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
avibkm
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch pro charging issues

Post by avibkm » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 pm

My watch stopped charging had it couple days as gift love it just can’t get it to charge

no avatar
eduardo.odui.dias

Re: Ticwatch pro charging issues

Post by eduardo.odui.dias » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:53 am

I am also facing the same problem, since last week I can no longer carry my ticwatch pro, and I have only 6 months of use.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Are you using the original charger?
What is the power rating of the brick you have it connected to?
Some chargers have had issues burning out if the brick you are using outputs greater than 1.5A. If that is the case and your charger cradle is damaged, you will need to replace it.
Replacement charger docks are available on the Mobvoi website for about $20.
https://www.mobvoi.com/us/collections/accessories
If your watch is still under warranty, you can also try submitting a warranty claim with Mobvoi.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
pwhittic

Post by pwhittic » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:14 pm

I've got what sounds like the same issue. I say 'sounds like', as it will charge - but for the past few days, only seems to get as far as 46% and won't charge further.

Hmm... just taken it off the charger and put it on my wrist and it's now showing 65%; however, given that it's been charging for > 15 hours, that's still not ideal.

Given there are a few people with an issue, hopefully someone will be able to suggest a fix!

I'm still using the original charger.

Patrick

no avatar
utongo

Post by utongo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:26 am

I had same issue - would only partially charge. This is the sign of death for your charger. I've gone through 2 OEM Mobvoi chargers. Bought replacement that is intermittent. Quite honestly, reviews of other chargers indicate same issue. I now suspect a design flaw with the watch. I find it hard to believe that the same issue shows up on chargers from multiple 3rd party chargers. This is frustrating - charging overnight only to have the watch charger less than 50%, thus not reliable. Does Mobvoi respond or can they make a statement?????

no avatar
mcoley101

Post by mcoley101 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:00 am

Had watch nearly a year with no issues, then allow charging, then just the lightning bolt and now dead. Tried different chargers. Clearly an issue. Not happy.

no avatar
pwhittic

Post by pwhittic » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 pm

@garrywadams,

My cable is plugged into an Anker PowerPort 5 (see - hopefully - attached).

Should this be OK for charging my watch? If not, can a USB port on my PC work? If not, what should I be using?

Patrick

Attachments
Anker.jpg
Anker.jpg (333.23 KiB) Viewed 769 times

no avatar
tomo100brt

Post by tomo100brt » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:10 pm

This is OK. I use this outpot and nothing is wrong. Their chargers are crap because for me 3 TicWatch S2 chargers died, but TicWatch Pro charger is still OK. I use the same brick with all chargers.
If your charger stooped charging or charge to some point for example 90% and no more like on my TicWatch S2, charger is dead. Get new charger.

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:04 pm

pwhittic wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 pm
My cable is plugged into an Anker PowerPort 5 (see - hopefully - attached).

Should this be OK for charging my watch? If not, can a USB port on my PC work? If not, what should I be using?

Patrick

Patrick,
The output listed on your charger is 2.4A per port, which is technically higher than recommended by Mobvoi. Mobvoi recommends a charger with a maximum of 1.5A per port.

That being said, I personally use a multi-port charger like that on my TWP 4G and have used it on my original TWP as well with no issues.

The risk with an output higher than 1.5A is that some Mobvoi cradles will burn out with the higher Amps. This issue has been corrected, and all new cradles should be able to take the additional power without burning out, but there are still some of those older cradles out there.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:06 pm

And yes, charging from an open USB port on your PC should also work. Your computer doesn't output nearly as much wattage as a dedicated wall charger does, so there is no risk of the cradle burning out when charging from your PC.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator