Kickstarter Shipping Status Update

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
dohnkendall
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Kickstarter Shipping Status Update

Post by dohnkendall » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Everybody is so cranky! When I fund kickstarter campaigns, I do so WITHOUT the expectation that the startup will be able to provide the same turnaround as a large established vendor... otherwise why not spend the money on an established company? Also, this was a joint venture - Mobvoi had to make certain commitments to Google in order to provide us with Android Wear on their smartwatch - and we all know Google held up the process a little longer than was expected. That being said, they're still not that far off their original prediction for shipping. Everyone needs to chill.

Sure, I know that Amazon in the US got their shipment a little earlier than expected... so what? Mistakes happen. I'd love to see any of these Negative Nancys coordinate a massive 150+ country simultaneous shipment. Trust me - it's a lot more work than the efforts you put into complaining - which seem significant.

And price? Who cares! So what if it sells only just a bit higher than what we paid on the kickstarter? We fund it so it will exist primarily, not so we get it at half the price. We back them because we love the idea.

I come on here to view legitimate updates. Of course I'm excited to get my watch; but seriously - everyone lighten up - your negative attitudes are making the world depressed. And maybe I'm a hypocrite for complaining about your complaining - just know that I do so with the intention of spinning a negative situation into a positive one.

no avatar
DiggeR

Post by DiggeR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Samfong - I received an email with receipt etc this morning along with a tracking number. I'm in Australia and I can tell you now that my item still isn't in DHL's hands, I'd really like it if you could chase up the Aussie orders and see where they are.
We've all received tracking numbers yet no one's has actually been handed to DHL for shipping. There's absolutely no chance that people will receive them late this week as mentioned in the most recent update.

no avatar
puggy

Post by puggy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 pm

You say Australia watches should be there by end of the week tomorrow is the end of the week and DHL have said you will not release the watches so they have no way to deliver them stop calling them as there is nothing they can do, what is the story why are you not sending them but keep saying you are?

no avatar
hw121693

Post by hw121693 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 am

Hello Backer #47 here, still receiving no updates, sam, can u help to check?? It's Thursday already

no avatar
DiggeR

Post by DiggeR » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am

dohnkendall wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 pm
That being said, they're still not that far off their original prediction for shipping. Everyone needs to chill.
That's all fine and dandy, but there's no point telling us that our watches are waiting in a queue for a plane when they haven't been given to the company who's going to put them on a plane in the first place. Telling us "End of week/next week" isn't going to happen if they haven't been given to the shipping partner at all. Why lie about it?

This is not my first kickstarter, or indiegogo. I've lost out on a few over the years and normally would agree with you but in all honesty there's a difference between MIA Updates and Updates that are blatantly misleading

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:54 am

To all EU backers who have paid $17 (per watch) via PayPal: Just want to clarify that you will not have to pay any additional fees! If somehow you are charged tax, we will reimburse you the full amount.

no avatar
Azy46

Post by Azy46 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:04 am

I have tried to cancel my order as I don't feel I will be getting it anytime soon. I am one of the pre order customers and I don't think there's any point to this pre order. I can go and buy the watch on amazon and have it by tomorrow. I am being told the watch is being delivered or delivered already and I cannot cancel. I would like someone to help me cancel so I can purchase on Amazon. I am not happy about this.

no avatar
Bang

Post by Bang » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:11 am

dohnkendall wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:31 pm
Everybody is so cranky! When I fund kickstarter campaigns, I do so WITHOUT the expectation that the startup will be able to provide the same turnaround as a large established vendor...
This is NOT a startup anymore. Ticwatch S&E isn't their first product!

So Mobvoi is kind of established and sending out parcels, a lot parcels, might be a lot of work, but tell why is the label for my parcel printed exactly a week ago and no shipment took place?

If a company has to delivery big amount of parcels it gets them packed and labeled and then the logistics partner picks the parcels or pallettes up and gets them on the way. This is no high tech mumbo jumbo that need high class engineers to solve it!

This is pure incompetence! OR, as I think it is, it is because I am one of the 1000 european backers who refused to pay the extra $17 and now I get a penalty because of it.

no avatar
fqureshi

Post by fqureshi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:26 am

DiggeR wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 pm
Samfong - I received an email with receipt etc this morning along with a tracking number. I'm in Australia and I can tell you now that my item still isn't in DHL's hands, I'd really like it if you could chase up the Aussie orders and see where they are.
We've all received tracking numbers yet no one's has actually been handed to DHL for shipping. There's absolutely no chance that people will receive them late this week as mentioned in the most recent update.
I received the same email this morning. I am in NZ. Not sure what is happening here. Waybill was generated on 12th NOV and item still hasn't moved! We are not that far from Australia :-) if you are going to get it early next week (fingers crossed)then we should receive it week after or else after Christmas break 😑

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:51 am

DiggeR wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am
That's all fine and dandy, but there's no point telling us that our watches are waiting in a queue for a plane when they haven't been given to the company who's going to put them on a plane in the first place. Telling us "End of week/next week" isn't going to happen if they haven't been given to the shipping partner at all. Why lie about it?

This is not my first kickstarter, or indiegogo. I've lost out on a few over the years and normally would agree with you but in all honesty there's a difference between MIA Updates and Updates that are blatantly misleading
Hey DiggeR,

I have some news that can help clarify this issue. The last thing we want to do is lie and mislead you guys. For most countries, we actually shipped the watches out on 16th Nov as promised. However, after being dropped off at the DHL warehouse on Monday, they've been waiting to be processed and in the queue to be flown over. We are doing the best we can by calling DHL around the clock to make sure that the watches get on the plane ASAP. We hope this clears things up. Will be posting this in our weekly update to alert all our backers!