Steps only shown on Essentials Screen

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
mrm5102
Cash on hand: Locked

Steps only shown on Essentials Screen

Post by mrm5102 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Hello,

My TicWatch Pro appears to be up-to-date with no current updates available.

The step counter is only showing Steps on the Essentials screen. The watch face, no matter what face I choose only shows 0 for Steps and 0 for distance traveled.

If I go into the Mobvoi app, there are also no steps listed there either.

I checked that Google Fit was Authorized in the Mobvoi app, as I saw that was a suggestion in another post. So I unauthorized and re-authorized and still no steps displaying anywhere other then the Essentials screen.

It's been this way for months, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: Steps only shown on Essentials Screen

Post by garrywadams » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:46 am

Matt, please open the TicHealth app and swipe to settings. Verify that pedometer it enabled and that all permissions are enabled. It sounds like the Tic apps may not have permission to collect the data from your sensors.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
mrm5102

Post by mrm5102 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I went into the TicHealth app and was prompted to confirm Date of Birth, weight, height, etc... After confirming all that, I went into Setting and saw that Pedometer was already enabled. I also went into Privacy and saw that everything in there was enabled as well.

Steps are still appearing on the Essentials screen, but not on the watch face. So I rebooted the watch and after reboot the same thing is happening. Steps are on the Essentials screen, but not the watch face, or in the TicHealth app.

If I open the Mobvoi app on my cell, it shows the watch is connected. But, there is no step data their either.

Anything else I can try?

-Matt

no avatar
fcevet

Post by fcevet » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:54 pm

I am having the same problem after completing the troubleshooting steps recommended to Matt. Also of note, the Google Fit app is installed. It shows an accurate step count. The step count on the essentials screen does not match Google fit even though the apps are configured to share data.