Google pay adding creditcard issue

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
francesco.arieta
Cash on hand: Locked

Google pay adding creditcard issue

Post by francesco.arieta » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi, i have the issue that i am nog able to add creditcards on the watch. Google pay is installed at the watch, when i try to add a card, i get notified that is not possible at the moment, have to try later. Month later still same problem. I already tried to reset watch, later also the phone. Still not possible. I have a Oneplus 8 as phone. Hopefully somebody can help? The only reason i have a wear os device is because of Google pay.

no avatar
willypingpang

Re: Google pay adding creditcard issue

Post by willypingpang » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Do your banks allow you to add it to this device? Your account might need pre-approval.

no avatar
francesco.arieta

Post by francesco.arieta » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:38 am

Hi, yes i have problem with all my cards which are from 3 different Banks. All of Them are connectet to Google pay on my phone.
I have no Idea. At the beginning everything. I had connected 2 cards with the watch. After soms updates on the watch i wanted add my third card. But was not able. I have reset the watch, and now i am not able to add any cards.

no avatar
francesco.arieta

Post by francesco.arieta » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:12 am

I have found my issue. Its a Google pay issue for wear os. Google pay is working just fine with It. I had to different creditcards one from a german bank one of a dutch bank. The one with the german bank i used my german phone number the dutch one with my dutch phone number. Since i have a Oneplus 8 with dual sim support, no problem there. Weird enough, Google pay on wear os fails compleately.
Workaround, use one phone number for all your creditcards during verification and everything works just fine. I hope I can help somebody with the same issue, probably not :D