Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

no avatar
jonathanread

Re: Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

Post by jonathanread » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:39 pm

I was really really frustrated by the process to connecting my ticwatch2. After about 1.5 hours I realized there are two apps in the android store, apparently I needed the Global one ... when I installed 'ticwatch' i picked the first app that showed up from mobvoi and went with it. Don't make that mistake like I did. The non-global app does not seem to offer the QR scanner and frankly doesn't work with the ticwatch2. So hopefully i can save someone some headache by writing this.

I am 30 min into using and and enjoy it.

no avatar
roosealan22

Post by roosealan22 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:58 pm

would try this, thank you for sharing. It is very clear guide. I hope it works.

--------------------------

iPhone Repair Shop

no avatar
electron

Post by electron » Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 am

I see other people experiencing the same problem.

I can not connect my Huawei P20 Lite with my Ticwatch. Tried factory reset, reinstalled the companion 5 times. The one from the post doesn't recognize the QR code, neither connects manually. The one from Google Play starts pairing but with no success. My watch is stuck on the QR. Can you tell me what to do ?

P.S.
Tried connecting it to an iPhone and it succeeded but after that no bluetooth connection to the android again.

Any suggestions ??? This is really frustrating.

no avatar
earthgrumble

Post by earthgrumble » Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Connection timeout issues.

I have downloaded the app at the beginning of this thread, and result was the same...except that the watch "name = Ticwatch+hex numbers" was now in my remembered bluetooth devices. I deleted that and started again with similar results. Note, I had to use manual pairing.

Running on a pixel 2, android 8.1.0

I have tried the app on the playstore, similar results...although I was able to use the image capture.

I have restarted my phone twice, my watch 4 times.

The other oddities might be that I have a Ticwatch S...which worked out of the box and I havent had any real issues with.

It shouldn't be this hard, right?

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 am

earthgrumble wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Connection timeout issues.

I have downloaded the app at the beginning of this thread, and result was the same...except that the watch "name = Ticwatch+hex numbers" was now in my remembered bluetooth devices. I deleted that and started again with similar results. Note, I had to use manual pairing.

Running on a pixel 2, android 8.1.0

I have tried the app on the playstore, similar results...although I was able to use the image capture.

I have restarted my phone twice, my watch 4 times.

The other oddities might be that I have a Ticwatch S...which worked out of the box and I havent had any real issues with.

It shouldn't be this hard, right?
Hi,

Can you try uninstalling the Mobvoi App from your phone if you have downloaded it and try to pair it again with only the Ticwear App.

Let me know how it works out.

Jamie

no avatar
earthgrumble

Post by earthgrumble » Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Ok, uninstalling the Mobvoi App allowed me to get further. It did pair(manually, doesn't seem to understand the camera interface). I also shutdown the tic watch S.

Then the app indicates pairing and goes to setup. The watch face has "Paired Now loading system". The app then goes to Syncing...not sure where the "Setup-Update menu" is at this point and I can't seem to exit/bypass this point in the app either. After 10mins, the select Password appeared on the watch(even though I had skipped that section on the app). 2mins after the password, a loading screen has started to toggle though.

The version listed on the watch is 4.8...which is higher than that indicated in the instructions...and there is no way to clear the data on the watch or from the app.

no avatar
AhmedTheEnigma

Post by AhmedTheEnigma » Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi Jamie, I'm also facing the same problem trying to pair my ticwatch 2 after the 4.14.0 update.

Tried factory resetting the watch, tried reinstalling different versions of the companion app, I tried everything. Please help.

This is the exact same problem I'm facing as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roddrk2IA5g

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Thu May 17, 2018 2:34 am

AhmedTheEnigma wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 pm
Hi Jamie, I'm also facing the same problem trying to pair my ticwatch 2 after the 4.14.0 update.

Tried factory resetting the watch, tried reinstalling different versions of the companion app, I tried everything. Please help.

This is the exact same problem I'm facing as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roddrk2IA5g
Hi,

Do a hard reset, but remember to forget the device under your bluetooth settings before trying to pair it again. Let me know if that works out for you.

no avatar
Julesuoft

Post by Julesuoft » Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 am

Hi Jamie,

I can't pair my tic watch 2 with my pixel 2. It stopped working a week ago. I've tried deleting and repairing my watch, deleting and reinstalling tic watch global and mobvoi app. I've tried to factory reset the watch as well. Nothing is working. I don't know if the fact that my phone is running andriod 8.1 and my watch is running 5.1 makes a difference but I can't even upgrade the version of my watch as it won't pair with the watch. What can I do?

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 am

Julesuoft wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 am
Hi Jamie,

I can't pair my tic watch 2 with my pixel 2. It stopped working a week ago. I've tried deleting and repairing my watch, deleting and reinstalling tic watch global and mobvoi app. I've tried to factory reset the watch as well. Nothing is working. I don't know if the fact that my phone is running andriod 8.1 and my watch is running 5.1 makes a difference but I can't even upgrade the version of my watch as it won't pair with the watch. What can I do?
Hi,

Kindly email support@mobvoi.com and there will be someone to assist you in this problem. Thank you.

Jamie