How to factory reset ticwatch 2?

no avatar
watermelon

How to factory reset ticwatch 2?

Post by watermelon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:40 am

Hi,

I tried holding crown of the watch for a long time and the only thing it does is bring up a settings menu with power saving, lock screen, shutdown, reboot and about. I don't see factory reset. and if I hold it longer it just reboots the watch. How can I do a factory reset?

Thank you.

no avatar
JimStilwell

Re: How to factory reset ticwatch 2?

Post by JimStilwell » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:03 am

Greetings!
On the watch please go to Settings ->Factory reset
The watch will then reboot.

no avatar
watermelon

Post by watermelon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:12 am

@JimStilwell, thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention that I forgot my password swipe pattern, that's why I need to do a factory reset. So I can't even get to the Settings to do a reset. Can anyone tell me how to reset my password pattern or do a factory reset?

no avatar
PvB

Post by PvB » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:25 am

Long press the crown button, factory reset is among the choices.

no avatar
watermelon

Post by watermelon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:22 pm

@PvB Maybe I need to clarify. Right now I am locked out of the watch because I don't remember the swipe passcode. So when I tried holding crown of the watch for a long time and the only thing it does is bring up a settings menu with power saving, lock screen, shutdown, reboot and about. There is no option for factory reset. If I hold it longer it just reboots the watch and I'm back to square one.

In this situation, how can I do a factory reset?

It's also possible that my tic watch 2 is not on the same firmware version since I haven't used it and updated it in a couple of months, so my watch may be showing different options that doesn't include factory reset.

Need some help!

Thanks

no avatar
hungkerry97

Post by hungkerry97 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:53 pm

watermelon wrote:Hi,

I tried holding crown of the watch for a long time and the only thing it does is bring up a settings menu with power saving, lock screen, shutdown, reboot and about. I don't see factory reset. and if I hold it longer it just reboots the watch. How can I do a factory reset?

Thank you.
hiya! have you fixed your watch? i am having the same problem now :(
watermelon wrote:@PvB Maybe I need to clarify. Right now I am locked out of the watch because I don't remember the swipe passcode. So when I tried holding crown of the watch for a long time and the only thing it does is bring up a settings menu with power saving, lock screen, shutdown, reboot and about. There is no option for factory reset. If I hold it longer it just reboots the watch and I'm back to square one.

In this situation, how can I do a factory reset?

It's also possible that my tic watch 2 is not on the same firmware version since I haven't used it and updated it in a couple of months, so my watch may be showing different options that doesn't include factory reset.

Need some help!

Thanks

no avatar
bitflung

Post by bitflung » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:46 pm

if you enter the wrong passcode many times does it not eventually offer to factory reset the device for you?

no avatar
slaterman

Post by slaterman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:30 am

I am having the same issue with a locked watch and I just took it out of the brand new box!?! Not the best experience for getting a new product that I am going to have to return if I cannot even get it setup. Why is this not in the getting started guide? Please help.

no avatar
Attic8787

Post by Attic8787 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:58 pm

If you attempt the wrong passcode a few times it will lock you out for like 30 seconds. You have to do the wrong passcode a few times again when you are able to get back into your watch. Then it asked for OK or Reset.