GPS Lock problem

no avatar
Arvydas BPS

GPS Lock problem

Post by Arvydas BPS » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:18 am

I have Ticwatch2-i18n, Ticwear version Tic_4.8.1_intl_a1 Beta version, serial number MBCER8SOZLAYAAUG.
I have problem with GPS . I remain stationary for more then 2 minutes and waiting for GPS lock, however I have flashing red GPS sign all time and no green sign , no GPS lock. I have sometimes GPS lock when connected to the iPhone 6S, however it is not stable.
Please send me any comments how to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
Arvydas

no avatar
JimStilwell

Re: GPS Lock problem

Post by JimStilwell » Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Greetings Arvydas,
A couple of notes on how the GPS works with the watch. When it is connected to the phone, it pulls GPS info from the phone directly. When it is disconnected that is when you would use the other for tracking say for fitness functions.

After swapping between Beta and Stable we run into software issue where it is frequently needed to do another reset after a version swap/upgrade is done that watch requires a reset.

There are two possibilities with your issue. With you saying your GPS is not good even with your phone, it may just be the area you are in. If the skyline is blocked GPS lock will have issues. If you have not tried a reset on the watch I would do that as it has fixed many odd issues, and the on-board GPS is a sensor.

no avatar
Arvydas BPS

Re: GPS Lock problem

Post by Arvydas BPS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your answer. I tried a reset on the watch, however it not helps, even with my iPhone. GPS on iPhone is no problem. The sky is clear, watch position stable. Location is Lithuania. It seems everything is O'k for GPS connection, however without success. Red arrow blinking and no GPS lock for a long time. Any suggestions?