Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 am

Battery lasts well after disabling default fitness and health apps. I use Google fit for tracking.
Location is always off
WiFi always off
Bluetooth Always On except at night
Always on screen - turned off since it drains battery little faster.
No fancy watch faces

I got more 24 hours with these settings.

no avatar
ciberg

Post by ciberg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:04 pm

I just registered to say that I was very excited to get this watch, but fortunately I skimmed the forum and after reading about the battery problems, and the worst, the lack of communication from Mobvoi on the issue, I decided not to buy it.

Its a shame that a lot of users post about the problem and the company does not give a satisfying answer or proposes some kind of solution.

I do not buy a smart watch only to disable all that it makes it smart, so this is a deal breaker for me.

no avatar
Goolac

Post by Goolac » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:26 pm

I can confirm that my battery life has gotten better in the past month. I suspect there was a patch because I am getting nearly a day and a half with the screen always on!!! Fitness is on, and WIFI off. This is on my "E"

no avatar
jacobpressures

Post by jacobpressures » Sun May 06, 2018 5:33 am

I'm not getting as good as you Goolac, but my battery has improved too. It was lasting only a few hours. Now it goes from 7 or 8 am to 10 or 11 pm and is only 50% drained. Its not been so great the last couple of days. Perhaps its an app i installed. The only thing i changed from the beginning is that took away the gestures. Otherwise its always on. I have WIFI and Bluetooth always on as well.

My hope is that Oreo will make it last a lot longer perhaps 2 days but given that I'm not making 1.5 days, i guess that's too much to expect.

no avatar
shayansamavati

Post by shayansamavati » Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 am

I got my Tichwatch S 2 days ago, and I would say the battery life is horrible!... Seriously I charged it up to !00% and leave it on the table for about 5 hours, without even touching it. When I got back it was dropped down to 78% !!!!!! How is that possible?!

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 pm

I charged up my Ticwatch E to 100% then looked at the battery rundown forecast after a few minutes of use. I repeated this test but, the second time, I immediately ran the Google Fit app. Before running Google Fit , the battery rundown forecast indicates about 25 hours to rundown. Running Google Fit, the rundown forecast is 2 HOURS! This says that running the Google Fit app for a 30 minute workout would kill 25% of the battery (which is close to how I use it). You can look at the battery rundown forecast by opening the Wear OS app on your phone, select the Advanced Settings option near the bottom then select Watch battery. To take a screenshot, hold the power button and press the Volume Down button.

In my daily experience, I'm getting about 18 hours using Bosenko's Marine Commander watch face using the most conservative battery saver mode which only shows the watch hands and major tick marks. I'm using GPS, Compass, Steps, and heart rate sensors and also pulling calendar and weather data. I tried a simpler watch face called Classical II which only had the watch, a watch battery indicator and a day/date indicator and the battery life was better but not as much as you might expect. The 18 hour rundown is consistent with the data I gathered and my usage.

Edit: When seeing the 2 hour battery rundown, I'm using the Walking activity in Google Fit which continuously runs GPS location tracking, heart rate and steps counters.
Edit: When I've notice premature rundowns, it seems the GPS is staying on and running down the watch. Cause not determined.

Attachments:
Image: Bosenko's Marine Commander watch face with multiple sensors and data collection.
Image: Ticwatch E rundown forecast with Google Fit running, 2 hours rundown forecast.
Image: Ticwatch E rundown forecast with Bosenko's Marine Commander watch face running. 25 hour rundown forecast.
Attachments
Marine_Commander_Watchface_by_Bosenko.png
Marine_Commander_Watchface_by_Bosenko.png (60.54 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
Screenshot_2018-05-15-11-16-24.png
Screenshot_2018-05-15-11-16-24.png (146.75 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
Screenshot_2018-05-15-10-15-16.png
Screenshot_2018-05-15-10-15-16.png (140.86 KiB) Viewed 4652 times

no avatar
ptaeck

Post by ptaeck » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 am

Found interesting guide on Ticwatch 2.

There is how to swap the battery , I am sure inside S and E models there is the same piece of hardware.

http://fixticwatch2battery.tk/

no avatar
Number-1-Gaming

Post by Number-1-Gaming » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 am

i can only get obout 5 hours a day before I have to charge it but i have only hade the watch for a few days so hopfuly it improves over time