Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 am

Battery lasts well after disabling default fitness and health apps. I use Google fit for tracking.
Location is always off
WiFi always off
Bluetooth Always On except at night
Always on screen - turned off since it drains battery little faster.
No fancy watch faces

I got more 24 hours with these settings.

no avatar
ciberg

Post by ciberg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:04 pm

I just registered to say that I was very excited to get this watch, but fortunately I skimmed the forum and after reading about the battery problems, and the worst, the lack of communication from Mobvoi on the issue, I decided not to buy it.

Its a shame that a lot of users post about the problem and the company does not give a satisfying answer or proposes some kind of solution.

I do not buy a smart watch only to disable all that it makes it smart, so this is a deal breaker for me.

no avatar
Goolac

Post by Goolac » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:26 pm

I can confirm that my battery life has gotten better in the past month. I suspect there was a patch because I am getting nearly a day and a half with the screen always on!!! Fitness is on, and WIFI off. This is on my "E"

no avatar
jacobpressures

Post by jacobpressures » Sun May 06, 2018 5:33 am

I'm not getting as good as you Goolac, but my battery has improved too. It was lasting only a few hours. Now it goes from 7 or 8 am to 10 or 11 pm and is only 50% drained. Its not been so great the last couple of days. Perhaps its an app i installed. The only thing i changed from the beginning is that took away the gestures. Otherwise its always on. I have WIFI and Bluetooth always on as well.

My hope is that Oreo will make it last a lot longer perhaps 2 days but given that I'm not making 1.5 days, i guess that's too much to expect.

no avatar
shayansamavati

Post by shayansamavati » Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 am

I got my Tichwatch S 2 days ago, and I would say the battery life is horrible!... Seriously I charged it up to !00% and leave it on the table for about 5 hours, without even touching it. When I got back it was dropped down to 78% !!!!!! How is that possible?!

no avatar
ptaeck

Post by ptaeck » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 am

Found interesting guide on Ticwatch 2.

There is how to swap the battery , I am sure inside S and E models there is the same piece of hardware.

http://fixticwatch2battery.tk/

no avatar
Number-1-Gaming

Post by Number-1-Gaming » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 am

i can only get obout 5 hours a day before I have to charge it but i have only hade the watch for a few days so hopfuly it improves over time

no avatar
peekstic

Post by peekstic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:21 pm

I just dred this moment... Do you as well??

no avatar
peekstic

Post by peekstic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

That dreadful time when you need to connect your watch... You can just literally count the battery level down to zero :( Here's to hoping it'll improve.

no avatar
Aaronfrancis

Post by Aaronfrancis » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 am

IMO typically a short batter life is going to be a case of having to much switched on. I can easily get 1.5 days out of my ticwatch e. I have wifi disabled (most apps will communicate via the Bluetooth tcp/ip via your phone) and I have also disabled the fitness & health system apps which are the Mobvoi fitness tracking (this doesn’t effect the google fit data).
Also a great app for monitoring and finding out what the wear is is actually doing (and where your battery is being used) is “quick system info wear https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sinfo.wear
This will tell you what is running and what is using the network etc.